You Will Find This Hard to Believe or Will You ?? (OT)

Kip Powick

Thanks Kip - that  Well worth the Watch video was well worth the time it took to watch. 

Comment:

Last summer the Port of Vancouver was advertising how it provided shore power to cruise ships.  The commercial showed the massive electrical conduits being attached while a voice over mentioned how much airborne pollution was being prevented by having the ships shut down their engines while in port. Huge numbers. Your video makes mention of how much pollution is spewed out by just 16 large tankers and it is rather amazing isn't it? 

Kinda makes one wonder why consumers like us are being forced to pay much more than our fair share for the sins of the global tanker industry.

27 minutes ago, J.O. said:

I don't think prepaying your arrangements absolves your family from paying any new taxes that are levied after the prepayment is completed.

Hi J,

Just checked with my contact,  and he said as far as he is concerned, a prepaid contract, (cremation), can not be altered when it is fully paid for. He also stated that if applicable taxes were lowered there would be no refund.(like that would ever happen):P

I would like to post a definitive answer but unfortunately I will be unable to, after my demise :mellow:

16 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

Hi J,

Just checked with my contact,  and he said as far as he is concerned, a prepaid contract, (cremation), can not be altered when it is fully paid for. He also stated that if applicable taxes were lowered there would be no refund.(like that would ever happen):P

I would like to post a definitive answer but unfortunately I will be unable to, after my demise :mellow:

We have prepaid arrangements and they are not subject to any change, taxes, costs etc. They do have a def. benefit in that our survivors will not have to make any hard decisions regarding our funeral as this has been done for them. All they or the hospital have to do is to make a single phone call.

Yeh, as we get older we tend to think more about the hassle the kids face when we make the "Final Flight West".

We pretty much have the same thing as you but we did add one thing......no matter what part of the planet we die in, transportation for the deceased back here is all paid for.

Guys, I think I can speak for your families in saying that your prearranged funeral plans are a wonderful gift. That's certainly how my sister and I felt when our mom passed away. They may not recognize it now but on that day when they're sitting with the funeral director working out the details, the fact that your wishes are already addressed will be a huge relief at a time when they'll be a little vulnerable and very distracted. Family feuds have started over disagreements on how a loved one's funeral should be handled. Also, while they may be few, there are stories of families who were taken advantage of by unscrupulous people who preyed on their vulnerability.

Archived