Lemmings

Hey folks... :) How are ya?,,,

That's us you know?... Lemmings... all headed merrily along our way to jump off the cliff... sometimes even with apparently brilliant people leading the way...

... off we go.... :)

Yep, but you're right, we can't. It is unnatural to not care. (I was going to use the word "pyschopathic" or "sociopathic" to describe those in charge who studiously "don't care", but reconsidered as those two words have become hackneyed and have lost their meaning).

Even the business press is starting to get on the bandwagon so there must be a buck to be made in 'climb-it change' otherwise business and conservatives would be against anything that even barely hinted at mankind's responsibility.

Trouble is, I don't know how to get off the merry-go-round. It isn't possible to do without a car, one has to heat with what is provided or available, one must eat what is produced by others and unless one dedicates all one's time to researching, actioning plans that circumvent harmful ways and spend huge amounts of time to "teach one's children well", etc., etc. The political economy is against all such action for the masses. Climate change is built into the Petroleum Age, profit and short-term thinking, all "natural" human activities I suppose but I remember doing my teaching practicum in 1970 and we were teaching about "pollution" then with the usual smoke stack images. Government became the defendant of giant corporate interests and left 'listening to the people' behind fourty years ago. Like investigating an accident, apportioning blame is like standing around arguing about who left the barn door open.

The social unrest will be unbelievable for those defending high ground around the planet.

Archived