Tidy Time

Kip Powick

The link didn't work as expected - it was supposed to be a 70 Chevelle SS from the same site. Oh well, let's try this one instead.

The 70 was the best year of all the SS's, too bad you could not upload the photo. The other looks like a rat rot with a small block in it! :icon_super:

Brand new..off the truck ..my gift to me when I received my RCAF wings......1964 Malibu SS with, (I think), a 289cu in engine

tn_423x423_DSC00719.jpg

13340487_2.jpg

Diplomat Blue, Blue interior that turned to purple whe I changed the interior lights.. $ 2860.00 plus tax

Back seat was just roomy enough :icon_anal:

Brand new..off the truck ..my gift to me when I received my RCAF wings......1964 Malibu SS with, (I think), a 289cu in engine

A beauty fer sure - suspect engine was likely a '283' (or possibly '327' if you were a wild child). A '289' was a Ford engine and popular V8 option for Mustangs of the era.

A beauty fer sure - suspect engine was likely a '283' (or possibly '327' if you were a wild child). A '289' was a Ford engine and popular V8 option for Mustangs of the era.

You are correct..it was a 283....very reliable ........when I traded it in I bought a '67 Dark Green Mustang with the 289.......and then we had kids :103: and moved to another car....... :cry_smile: .............

I was just about to say the same thing before I read your post!

The 327 went like a scalded cat and is still a strong motor today, if you can find one!

For 1970 and 1971, the Barracuda and Barracuda Gran Coupe had two six-cylinder engines available — a new 198 cu in (3.2 L) version of the slant-6, and the 225 — as well as three different V8s: the 318ci, the 383ci with 2-barrel carburetor and single exhaust, and the 383ci with 4-barrel carburetor and dual exhaust 330 hp (250 kW) SAE gross. The Cuda had the 383ci 335 hp (250 kW) SAE gross (same as Dodge's 383 Magnum) as the standard engine. It also had the 440ci 4-barrel Super Commando, the 440ci 6-barrel Super Commando Six Pak, and the 426ci Hemi.[10] The 440- and Hemi-equipped cars received upgraded suspension components and structural reinforcements to help transfer the power to the road.then of course there was the Chrysler Barracuda.

1968, Chrysler made approximately 50 fastback Barracudas equipped with the 426 cu in (7.0 L) Hemi for Super Stock drag racing.[3] These cars were assembled by Hurst Performance and featured lightweight items such as lightweight Chemcor side glass, fiberglass front fenders, and hood with scoop, lightweight seats, and sound deadener and other street equipment such as rear seats omitted. An included sticker indicated that the car was not for use on public roads; it could run the quarter-mile in the mid-10s in 1968.[3]

The fastest car I ever owned was a Mini Cooper..... On the straight away the Detroit iron could eat it for lunch but on a road course..... The mini ran away from them all.

You forgot the 340 wedge that these cars also came with!

The fastest street machine I had was my 69 AMX with the 390ss, came factory with 2x4 barrels. The fastest off the line was my 71 Olds 442 , it had a 455 W30 with 5.11 in the rear. I could beat bikes off the line with that beast!

Archived