OT - Interesting take on the economic slump

J.O.

As a devout evangelical christian, I am appalled by this "prosperity gospel".

So did christianity cause the crash? This sort of "christianity" certainly did IMHO. But is it true christianity? There are few principles in the Bible that support the claim these "prosperity evangelists" make.

Everytime this topic comes up, I wonder about the christians of North Korea being tortured for their faith or having their kids tortured in front of them until they deny their faith... I guess they're not good enough christians... mad.gif

Religions, of all ilks or creeds, has taken advantage of every opportunity they've had to inhibit human progress. Think of how much farther ahead civilization would be today without religious dogma making a virtue out of ignorance. Islam may be prominent now in wishing us back into the bronze age but Christianity as practiced during the Inquisition gives a good indication of how evangelicals will behave if given political power.

Its time for the human race to rid ourselves of this superstitious gibberish.

sustainable

"Its time for the human race to rid ourselves of this superstitious gibberish."

To a point, I agree.

On the other hand and for all its faults, receiving a 'sensible' form of religious indoctrination as a child can go a long way in instilling ‘sound’ moral principles. That is, principles that go beyond today’s home and school taught' it's all about me' belief system that so many young people seem to possess today.

Archived