now for something different

Kip Powick

Bottom line...the muslim world wants to take away our freedom to criticize religion or more specifically their religion. Whether by fear of violence such as in the Danish case or by the U.N resolution. The more of them you let in the west, the more of this you will have.

But it is still a free country here so I am going to express my opinion that so many died to allow me to do(from Christianity in this case).

THERE IS NO god, OR allah OR WHATEVER ELSE THESE RELIGION SCAMS LIKE SCIENTOLOGY HAVE FOOLED INTO BELIEVING. SECULARISM IS YOUR ONLY HOPE AND DARWIN IS CORRECT.

WOXOF.....and by the way, for those not yet convinced......if there is that special place to go to, it won't be 70 virgins waiting. Like the cartoon said, they ran out. Now it will be one 70 year old virgin. Have fun.

Guest rattler

Bottom line...the muslim world wants to take away our freedom to criticize religion or more specifically their religion. Whether by fear of violence such as in the Danish case or by the U.N resolution. The more of them you let in the west, the more of this you will have.

But it is still a free country here so I am going to express my opinion that so many died to allow me to do(from Christianity in this case).

THERE IS NO god, OR allah OR WHATEVER ELSE THESE RELIGION SCAMS LIKE SCIENTOLOGY HAVE FOOLED INTO BELIEVING. SECULARISM IS YOUR ONLY HOPE AND DARWIN IS CORRECT.

WOXOF.....and by the way, for those not yet convinced if there is that special place to go to, it won't be 70 virgins waiting. Like the cartoon said, they ran out. Now it will be one 70 year old virgin. Have fun.

Those who blindly deny the existence of a God may be doomed to recant upon their death!

For my part, I don't deny the existence of a god but rather believe that there must be something out there that is on a higher plane than us.

That said, I would never, ever, deny anyone else their right to believe in a God as long as such belief does not lead to practices that would harm me or mine!

Woxof misses the point. Again.

70 year old ladies like it too. tongue.gif

Never said they didn't. But I'm glad you were able to confirm it for us.

Touchez wink.gif

BTW people: their is NO resolution. It was a discussion point that was presented to the UN Human Rights Human Rights Council. I'll post the link again:

http://www.unhchr.ch/huricane/huricane.nsf...8F?opendocument

EDIT: LINK FIXED.

HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL ADOPTS SEVEN

RESOLUTIONS AND CLOSES TWELFTH

REGULAR SESSION

xxxxxxxxxx

Human Rights Council

AFTERNOON

2 October 2009

Appoints Experts on Cultural Rights and on Sudan; Extends Mandates of Special Procedures on Cambodia and Somalia; Names President of Second Session of Forum on Minority Issues

The Human Rights Council this afternoon adopted seven resolutions on unilateral coercive measures; the right to development; access to medicine; advisory services and technical assistance for Cambodia; assistance to Somalia in the field of human rights; protection of human rights in the context of HIV/AIDS; and on the impact of the global economic and financial crises on the universal realization and effective enjoyment of human rights. It appointed two experts on cultural rights and on Sudan, extended the mandates of Special Procedures on Cambodia and Somalia, and named the President of the Second Session of the Forum on Minority Issues before adopting its report and closing its twelfth session.

BTW people: their is NO resolution.

Got me confused guy. Where has it been suggested by anyone, anywhere that a 'Defamation of Religion' resolution had been adopted in the 12th Session? i.e. who has made the claim that you are so vigorously disputing - what is the beef?

Such a resolution (A/HRC/10/L.2/Rev.1 - [second from the bottom]) had been adopted in the 10th Session earlier this year. It is a matter of record and has been widely reported. The resolution contained no provision or obligation for it to be voted on again in the 12th Session.

You see... that's just the problem.

Rattler said, "For my part, I don't deny the existence of a god but rather believe that there must be something out there that is on a higher plane than us. "

Well maybe it's not "us". There is something higher out there. It is called skepticism and rational inquiry.

And for those that like to proselytize, Preach whatever you want but out of earshot of me and my family. I don't want to hear about your salvation or your imaginary friends and if that isn't blunt enough, this guy says it much better than I

Got me confused guy. Where has it been suggested by anyone, anywhere that a 'Defamation of Religion' resolution had been adopted in the 12th Session? i.e. who has made the claim that you are so vigorously disputing - what is the beef?

Such a resolution (A/HRC/10/L.2/Rev.1 - [second from the bottom]) had been adopted in the 10th Session earlier this year. It is a matter of record and has been widely reported. The resolution contained no provision or obligation for it to be voted on again in the 12th Session.

Ya know, you're right. Whether I got the press release confused with the draft resolution or what, I'll have to go back and look. Sure enough, the results of the 10th session has the draft resolution adopted.

What I don't know is if a committee resolution has to be adopted by the General Assembly. Trying to wade through the UN website is as easy as learning the CAR's. sad.gif

Trying to wade through the UN website is as easy as learning the CAR's. sad.gif

lol, ain't that the truth wacko.gif

fwiw, I found this 'UN Deadlock - Religious Defamation vs Free Speech' piece as good as any on recent developments. It speaks to the 'Defamation' resolution coming up for a vote in the GA in Nov but I don't see it listed on the agenda....yet.

Archived