Some things you can always count on...

Mitch Cronin

In the face of all that matters, from the truly horrific, to the smallest little detail, and all that doesn't matter, whether to you or me, ...and all the random courses and collisions of atoms and worlds and galaxies in the universe....

...it'll still be...

RACE DAY! biggrin.gif

Daytona 500, YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaw!!!

Guest rattler

NASCAR with Toyota and team members suspended for using fuel altering substances in their carburetors. Good old boys run amuck..... biggrin.gif

But that story has been overshadowed by NASCAR's running crackdown on cheating, with Michael Waltrip, a two-time 500 winner, caught with illegal fuel additives last Sunday

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellit...s=1037645509200

Your post makes it appear the problem was rampant... or that NASCAR and/or Toyota were involved.... (and of course, niether were!)

One team was caught trying to cheat like that. The race is still the race... and Nascar racing has always included someone trying to find the limits of what one can get away with... nothing really new here.

I'd chuck it all in the "so what" bin... or, chalk it up to more of those random collisions of atoms and things.... Regardless, Race Day has come!! biggrin.gif

Guest rattler

Gee Mitch, I don't kid some folks about their religion and I guess I should have remembered that I don't kid others about NASCAR.

I will of course be watching the event. Cheers and enjoy.

By the way... Michael Waltrip owes both those Daytona 500 wins to Earnhardts. The last to Junior, and the first to senior (his last race.) Without those assists, that particular Waltrip is little more than an "also ran".

Enjoy Rattler! Cheers to you as well! beer_mug.gifwink.gif

Archived