For guitar lovers only.

Mitch Cronin

Greg Robinson... You old dog you! How could you keep it a secret? Were you spoiled by having one so early? Hot damn this Strat is a fine, fine, fine guitar!

I can't help but smile every time I hold the thing... it feels so good! It's balanced so well... It sounds so nice...

Mr Fender, You make good guitars! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Ok... I'll try to remember to drop the old dog stuff... sorry mate... No offence meant... To me that's like my old man saying, "You son of a gun you!" wink.gif ... but don't forget I love dogs... old or otherwise. smile.gif

Yessir, it's brand new. A Mexican model (we ain't rich), but you know... I very recently had an occasion to try out a 72 American Strat, and though I wasn't able to make a quick A/B comparison, as I didn't have mine with me, and I'd never heard mine with anything as good as the amp this one was plugged into (a 100 watt Fender tube type - I have a little 10 watt Marshall "Valvestate"), I can't say it sounded that much better, and I preferred the feel of mine... (likely only because it's newer and still in pristine shape, whereas this older one had a worn neck and body) Mind you, it too felt very nice. thumbs_up.gif

I just fall in love with this thing again every time I pick it up.... I only wish I could do it justice! tongue.gif

I've been occasionally strumming at my acoustic for years, until a few years ago, when I decided to keep the thing near me more often.... Then about a year ago, or so -or maybe 2? -, a friend (who's been teaching my son to play) convinced me to start using a pick and learning some proper tecnique.... I'm getting closer to being a bit of an old dog myself, but I'm not at the point where I can't learn new tricks yet. wink.gif

I'll be satisfied I've learned enough when I can play Little Wing as well as Stevie Ray. biggrin.gif

Archived