bigotry by occupation?

Mitch Cronin

Just a rant that wants to jump off o'my chest at the moment...

I have a relative who married a very nice person from one of those nations with a national airline that hires people right out of school with no flying experience... That is exactly what happened with this person. Extremely fortunate circumstances have now (a few years later) brought this person (about 30 yrs old) to flying right seat in a '47.

So far, that's all a good thing. smile.gif

I just got an email detailing just how stoked the whole family is that they have a "new 747 Pilot in the family"... That too, another good thing. smile.gif

...only, then I remember reactions when I got the 47 endorsement on my AME licence (that I'd clawed at the heart of the earth with the bones of my fingers to get). It was more like ... ... well, it was extremely mild in comparison, and I think I recall some chuckling at me for my being as stoked as I was.

I know. It's all the obvious... of course that's how things are...

...but Damn it ain't right. sad.gif

...end rant. smile.gif

Mitch

You have to get your private pilots licence, then when you tell people that you work for Air Canada and they ask if you're a pilot you can smile and say yes biggrin.giftongue.gif (it works in the bars laugh.gif )

Guest rattler

A ranking of 250 jobs, according to ''Jobs Rated Almanac.''

The site shown above has established job ratings for most professions. eg.

Airline Flight Attendant - 80th on the list

Physician - 82nd

Airline Pilot - 100th on the list

Teacher - 164th

Aircraft Mechanic - 189 on the list.

Jobs Rated Almanac: The Best and Worst Jobs - 250 in All - Ranked by More Than a Dozen Vital Factors Including Salary, Stress, Benefits, and More

Mitch,

Pilots that aren't on a 47 get the same grief at family bbq's....so when do you get your jet license? are you still a co-pilot, are you allowed to fly the plane also?How much longer till you can fly the big planes?

It never ends, so don't feel bad.

I just got an email detailing just how stoked the whole family is that they have a "new 747 Pilot in the family"... That too, another good thing. smile.gif

Flying the 747 is the most boring flying job I have ever had and at the same time the best paying job I have ever had. wink.gif

Archived