Wish I was there..

Kip Powick

At a French airport...

A group of Canadian retired teachers recently went to France on a tour. Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, was part of the tour group.

At French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry-on. "You have been to France before, monsieur?"; the customs officer asked sarcastically.

Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously. "Then you should know enough to have your passport ready." Mr. Whiting said, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it."

"Impossible!" barked the officer. "Canadians always have to show your passports on arrival in France."

The Canadian senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then He quietly explained, "Well, when I came ashore at Juno Beach on D-Day in '44 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find any Frenchmen to show it to."

At a French airport...

A group of Canadian retired teachers recently went to France on a tour. Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, was part of the tour group.

At French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry-on. "You have been to France before, monsieur?"; the customs officer asked sarcastically.

Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously. "Then you should know enough to have your passport ready." Mr. Whiting said, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it."

"Impossible!" barked the officer. "Canadians always have to show your passports on arrival in France."

The Canadian senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then He quietly explained, "Well, when I came ashore at Juno Beach on D-Day in '44 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find any Frenchmen to show it to."

laugh.giflaugh.gif Nice twist..... laugh.gifthumbup.gif

The one i heard was taking place in FRA after grn atc asked AA flight why were they so cnfused while taxing- werent they here before , bla bla bla... and the AA captain came on the radio saying that the last time he was here , he didn t stop.

Similar one I've heard concerning a somewhat snooty Brit arriving in Australia and being questioned by an Aussie immigration officer...

Aussie - "Do you have a criminal record?

Brit - "No. I didn't think that you still needed one to get in."

Archived