Finally AC does some good outsourcing

Kip Powick

In a message dated 4/2/05 12:36:08 PM Eastern Standard Time, :

MONTREAL, March 28 /CNW Telbec/-- ACE Aviations, Inc., parent company of Air Canada today announced that the Office of President, CEO and Chairman will be outsourced as of April 30, for the remainder of this fiscal year and beyond. The move is being made to save $45 million in annual salary and benefits. Further savings in air travel are expected to add to Air Canada's bottom line.

"At the end of the day, the cost savings will be quite significant" says Air Canada's board member, Vice President, and CFO Pat Iaconi, who, with the aid of Air Canada's outsourcing arm, Air Canada Services, has studied outsourcing extensively. "We simply can no longer afford this inefficiency and remain competitive in the world stage," Iaconi said.

Rahdpoor Nahassbaalapan, 23, of Indus Teleservices, Mumbai, India, will be assuming the Office of President, Chairman and CEO as of May 1. He will receive a salary of $360 Canadian a month with proportionate benefits. Mr. Nahassbaalapan will maintain his office in India and will be working primarily at night, due to the time difference between Canada and India.

"I am excited to serve in this position," Mr. Nahassbaalapan stated in an exclusive interview. "I always knew that my career at the Air Canada call center would lead to great things."

An Air Canada spokesperson noted that Mr. Nahassbaalapan has extensive experience in public speaking and has been given Mr. Milton's Script Tree to enable him to answer any question without having to understand the issue.

Mr. Milton has announced that he will join the faculty of the McGill University Business School, specializing in medieval business and the related subject of employee motivation. No one at McGill was available for comment.

The Air Canada board continues to explore other outsourcing possibilities including Air Canada's more than 100 vice presidents.

In an unrelated news item it was learned that Air Canada was selling five corporate jets complete with passengers thought to be board members and Air Canada executives. While the value of the content was not thought to be significant, it is believed that their accumulated air-miles could be used to facilitate additional outsourcing initiatives.

Air Canada employees were in a somber mood after the announcement. Company announced that counselors will be available all week to help employees get through the difficult time.

Mr. Milton has announced that he will join the faculty of the McGill University Business School, specializing in medieval business and the related subject of employee motivation. No one at McGill was available for comment.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

here's another of my recent favorites for you Kip laugh.gif

ATTN:

Robert Milton

CEO

ACE

Montreal, PQ

Dear Mr. Milton,

Thank you for your letter of April 6. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me a position at Air Canada.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite Air Canada’s outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time.

Therefore, I will assume the position of personal assistant in your department this May. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

Sincerely,

Applicant

Archived