Sorry Calgary

Guest Starman

I hate to say it because I was pulling for the Flames big time, but the best team won. For about 52 minutes, Tampa Bay dominated, and they managed to forestall disaster during the eight minutes they didn't.

And I think that the penalty that set up Calgary's only goal was a bad call anyway.

Congrats Tampa!

Enjoy it; next year will be a different story (...if they're playing at all) huh.gif

Something should be done to take our game back and get rid of Gary Betman.

Although TB was the better team for the first 50 minutes tonight as well as game 2, I believe Calgary was the better team the rest of the finals. The charging penalty was horse-sh$%. I know it sounds like sour grapes but the refereeing during the course of the series was quite perplexing.

DANG!!!!!

You're all correct, of course, the Flames underwhelmed during the first 2.5 periods, but they sure looked good for the last 10 minutes.

That penalty on St Louis was crap, if anything at all, maybe a highstick, and only that because the guy is 3 feet tall with his skates on.

What a bummer, but it was sure fun to be here in Calgary for the run, the finest city on the planet, bar none.

GO STAMPS GO!!!

(doesn't feel the same somehow...)

martini.gif

Guest YYCVOR

Well lemme describe the mood in Calgary.

We lost, but so what? We made it to game 7 of the finals. Thats a victory all in its self.

People are still flying the flames flags here, and showing their support.

Good job Boys you made us proud.

Go Flames Go

Dont worry we will be in the 2004-2005 Playoffs

Guest 1pawn

And I think that the penalty that set up Calgary's only goal was a bad call anyway.

Congrats Tampa!

Agreed. I think that call was Kerry Fraser's way of letting Calgary in the back door.

Calgary need not hang their heads. They had a super playoff run. If you had asked anyone before the start of playoffs would they expect Calgary to get to the final. Not a chance.

Congrat to Calgary also.

The last 15 minutes of that game is all the hockey I watched this year... I used to be an avid fan, but got turned off many years ago when the goon squads first gained popularity (seemed to start sometime around when Bobby Orr had his career destroyed by that kind of crap)...

For a while, I thought last night I was watching some pretty good hockey... and I was... right up to when that penalty came. A completely unnecessary penalty. A move by two of Calgary's players that showed me, yet again, that there's still too much non-hockey in the NHL for my interests. Too bad. They might have managed another goal if they'd stuck with playing the game, pulled their goalie to gain a man advantage... They sure came close... Obviously they have some damn good players!

Guest rattler

Now that the season is over and the players may go out on strike, here is a chance to change the face of hockey.

- keep the goalie pinned into his blue ice area, if he goes out then he can be checked.

- make icing automatic ....

- get rid of the WWF format. rolleyes.gif

- enforce the rules at all times, no let up for playoffs.

- redefine "a legal check" and then suspend those who do otherwise.

-------------

I want to see a crackdown on the 'stickwork'.

I want the goalie to be fair game if he leaves the crease... watching these 'bullet proof' goalies is as pathetic as when Wayne Gretzky was just as 'untouchable' on the ice.

as for The flames, kudos to them for making it as far as they did... I thoroughly enjoyed rubbing it in my friends' faces every time they predicted the 'other' team in 4 games in every series smile.gif It was a helluva ride, it's just too bad that the stars aligned in the other teams favor...

as soon as i saw Fraser's 'lego hair' at the start of the game, i knew the Flames were in trouble... sad.gif

Archived