Question

A deal has been brokered...OK good....but.....what I want to know, as does everyone else...

AC wanted 45Million

CAW offered 18.3Million

Buzz says a compromise was made

What was the compromise and basically I , and I am sure others, want to know....

What is the dollar value of the CAW compromise??? ph34r.gif

Anyone know and if you can find it, please post it..Thank you......

Guest Blue Skies

We may have to count on one of our friends in the CAW to help when they get the information prior to the ratification.

I can't imagine they will tell you a new number for the same reason we are both curious. What was their real percentage in the end and am I taking a bigger hit again for them?

Guest Blue Skies

Wizard you are right. I have not seen what any unions have given up but I do know of one that, as of yesterday, was a long way apart from what their target was. The others had met their targets. I meant no malice in my post, I was simply saying that there are a lot of people who probaly want to know that the CAW is doing their part. This becomes very important as these agreements are ratified. If one group believes that they took a larger piece than another group it can play into the vote by the membership.

All the other unions have a clause that permits them to examine the concessions made by other unions.I suspect that if CAW got a smoking deal,the other unions will come back to ac with some sort of "me too clause"

Lupin

All the other unions have a clause that permits them to examine the concessions made by other unions.I suspect that if CAW got a smoking deal,the other unions will come back to ac with some sort of "me too clause"

Lupin

"Judge not lest ye be judged."

Negotiations at all levels always involves compromise. Each and every labour group negotiated their own deals based on certain understandings and assumptions agreed to by the company.

Buzz is no hero. The CAW just negotiatied to the same end that everyone else did. What Buzz did was make a huge fiasco of the whole thing. The CAW never seem to be able to make important decisions without grandstanding and spouting off Labour/political bafflegab.

Go Buzz go. Go away.

GTFA

Archived