A newer 747 ?

Classic Boeing...

Wait until the competition is almost ready to fly before even contemplating a response. But don't do anything until they are beating you over the head with your own leg that they just ripped off.

Most of Airbuses success can be attributed to Boeing sitting on it's ass.

It's hard to finance major projects like the 747A without Government support. Unlike Airbus, Boeing is on their own. I hope they finally decide on building this one as I'm sure Cathay would be a customer and I would be one happy pilot to fly it. biggrin.gif

I call that a $500 hammer. It's happens all the time to Governments of many nations but it's still not a Government bail-out like Airbus gets. That's the only reason airbus can afford to give those things away. I'm just glad I won't have to fly a 15+ year old plastic Airbus. cool.gif

So where can I get a free airbus?

Airbus invested 10 Billion USD on the 380. I have heard pricing to be around 270 Million USD. If they can attain a 10% profit margin, they will have to sell about 370 aircraft to break even. Boeing predicted the market to be about 500 aircraft in the category and they said it wasn't worth it. Do you really think Airbus will make a penny with the 380?

Hey Steam,

I might agree with you but I would rather fly a newer Boeing 747. Two years ago I flew a almost new (less than 300 hours) B747-400F and it smelled wonderful! Flew nice too! smile.gif

Unless the likes of David Miller and his contemporaries around the world are round up and shot, yes the A380 will be very sucessful because airports around the world aren't getting any bigger. London Heathrow needs another runway, it isn't going to happen because half a million little David Millers have built their careers on fighting a third Runway.

Existing airports will have to accomodate more pax without increasing their geographic footprint. That means larger planes.

There is no market for second city/second city service, nobody wants that.

what people want is second city/first city service, and the first cities are already having trouble coping with todays traffic,

"Hey Steam,

I might agree with you but I would rather fly a newer Boeing 747. Two years ago I flew a almost new (less than 300 hours) B747-400F and it smelled wonderful! Flew nice too!"

I flew brand new, fresh from the factory A320's in Hong Kong and I'll get my chance at a brand new 737-700/800 this fall. It'll be nice to see for myself the Boeing Vs. Airbus in the end.

Cheers. biggrin.gif

Archived