Ok... I was wrong....

Mitch Cronin

The winglets do look good. cool.gif

Maybe they grew on me? I dunno, but I found myself gazing at a field of them at T2 in YYZ this morning and as one of them being pushed was turned head into my view (a 700... CF-WAZ? something like that I think?), It looked absolutely gorgeous! It looked like the perfect picture of a perfect looking airplane. Not so much as the teensiest whiff of sumthin-ain't-right ...

They look good. I take it all back... I waz wrong. cool26.gif

Ok, so now that there's 4 threads posted about WJ's first quarterly loss... I thought I'd bring this post back up top to offer a bit of consolation for our friends at WJ. smile.gif

Nice birds folks. Never mind the glum stuff... brighter days are ahead, and the sky is still blue on top of all the clag. wink.gif

Oh ya!... and the Daytone 500 is just a few days away!! biggrin.gif

Cheers,

beer_mug.gif

Thanks Mitch. You’re a class act.

Personally I’m not concerned about the loss. I’ve been in this business way too long to think we could go on forever without hitting a bumpy patch. It was a tough year for everyone in the industry but that won’t last forever either. Here’s hoping the rough ride is over for everyone and 2005 will be a good year for all of us.

As for the winglets, I’m right with you. Initially I wasn’t sure if I liked them or not but now when I see a 737 without them it looks naked.

Most important of all, never mind the Daytona 500, Daytona Bike Week is almost here! thumbup.gif

Cheers

Dave

Most important of all, never mind the Daytona 500, Daytona Bike Week is almost here!  thumbup.gif

laugh.gif You know.... I just got home from the rum store (I probably should start hiding these little points... I think some of you think I live on the stuff!? unsure.gif )... and when the lady commented that I must be on holidays (I was buying more than I often do 'cause I'm gonna have company to watch this race), I told her what was up... She said she and her husband were going down to Daytona, but were going to avoid the Daytona 500!!! I said "What!? are you nuts!?" ... she said they just wanted to be there for Bike Week! blink.gif

I dunno if I'll ever get to see Miguel Duhamel whoop the asses off all those other guy's, but I sure do love watching the reruns! Hot damn he's good!

Him and Mick Doohan were enough to sell me on bike racing! (and all the other guy's who's names I can't pronounce)

Motor sports... Beats the hell out of yahoos whacking a puck around and fighting over whether or not their "cap" will be $52 or $40 million a year! [good grief! ph34r.gif ]

Oh ya!... and the Daytone 500 is just a few days away!! biggrin.gif

Cheers,

beer_mug.gif

Mitch..

Popped on the TV yesterday afternoon, surfed, and wandered over to the SPEED channel and ended up watching the Daytona 500 for about an hour and a bit when, after one commercial, the announcer says..."and now back to the 2004 Daytona 500"

Arrrrggghhhh !!!! icon_head222[1].gif

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CabinDweller

"

Popped on the TV yesterday afternoon, surfed, and wandered over to the SPEED channel and ended up watching the Daytona 500 for about an hour and a bit when, after one commercial, the announcer says..."and now back to the 2004 Daytona 500"

Arrrrggghhhh !!!! "

Maybe 5 or 6 years ago now I thought about recruiting a team from airlines (ideally I thought AC) to form an EcoChallenge Team - with corporate sponsorship- that would allow us to train aned enter the EC, but people

Kip,

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

That's what www.nascar.com is for.... so you'll know. biggrin.gif

Hey Mtich

Do you have that cable TV product - Rogers is promoting it as cable-only - with six channels for each NASCAR race? Each channel is an in-car view, six different cars if I understood the product. Sounds cool.

That does sound pretty cool Dagger... You can get something similar from Nascar.com for a fee. Probably be alright for folks who keep their computer in the same room as the tv... I watch the races on my computer (tv card), so I'd miss one to watch the other...

I wouldn't mind giving it a try, but generally the tv coverage of races these days is pretty darned good. Not at all like it was years ago... When I see tapes of races from even just a couple decades ago, it's no wonder Nascar wasn't as popular then, the coverage was terrible.

The boys are in Vegas today... should be a good race. smile.gif

Cheers,

Guest CabinDweller

"The boys are in Vegas today... should be a good race. "

Thought they were in Mexico for the next few weekends?

DL

Archived