A320 tire pressure

Guest 29chev

Guest 29chev

Any maint. types out there mind telling me what the tire pressures on the 320 are also any difference on the 319,321.

Thanks

29chev

Guest sputnik

319: nose 181-190

main 187-196

320 nose 178-187

main 210-220

321 nose 168-177

main 218-229

This is out of our Maintenance Manual. Another operator may be using different types of tires, so don't take this as gospel.

Guest lupin

it changes slightly with the various types.

If my memory serves me right....

main wheel A319 196 psi

A320 210-220 psi

A321 220-230

Nose wheel A319 180 psi

A320 180 psi

A321 168 psi

Lupin

Guest 29chev

Thanks Guys that helps me out with the hydroplaning questions if I get the job I owe you a beer.

Cheers;<)

Guest 29chev

But what if it's not working....anyway if they ask the question I need to have an answer so... 9 times the square root of the tire pressure and tada

So, the square root of 200 is approx. 14, times 9 = 126.

126 what? What's this got to do with hydroplaning?

Isn't this more interesting than speculating on who gets to fly what?

What job are you applying for?

Guest 29chev

I don't know Mitch you and R64L977 didn't actually give me an answer but you still want a drink..... your both starting to sound like pilots (no insult intended...well maybe)

Interesting... 9 times the square root of the tire pressure gives you what? I've never heard that before...??

Not that I doubt for a second your need to know, obviously, but...

...seems to me if antiskid is US on a bus, you've got other problems to worry about... no? (they don't depend on wheel speed comparison) Adirus 1 and 3 and the BSCU aren't things that can go without causing some measure of difficulty, or perhaps being the result of other more pressing difficulties... I'd think...?

LOL... that's cause I don't keep tire pressures in my head... we've got so many differences that when I need to check 'em, I'll use the appropriate paperwork to find what they need to be... Those other bums were lookin' at the paperwork when they gave you those answers. :D

Ok, I'll let you off the hook this time... but next time I'm gonna head straight for the books. ;)

Guest 29chev

126kts is the speed at which that tire will hydroplane....this is where I do the tada!

But of course you need the tire pressure to make it work and I do not presently have access to a 320 to read the side of the tire.

It's a pilot position with a Asian company.

And yes the other thread will take care of itself I'm sure we won't bother them by not being there:)

Guest lupin

naaa.... No paper work for my answer.Just memory.After a while you remember these things.

How could you forget...you have to write them down every night on every service check.

Lupin

...was that a 319, a 320, a 321, a 67-200 or -300? and with which tires now?...or a 747 maybe?... what's this number in my head, 210psi? Is that for a DC10? an A310? a 37? :S

No thanks, I'll look on the paperwork for what they're supposed to be on the specific aircraft I happen to be diddling with... That way I'm sure. I've seen too many times my head comes up with the right answer for the wrong airplane. Memory isn't my strong suit. ;)

Hang on now....

That would imply that a bicycle tire, a 225-50-15 Wet Pirelli , and a big fat racing slick, providing they're at the same pressure, would all hydroplane at the same speed? ... Something sounds wrong there. Wouldn't tread pattern, weight on the wheel, diameter and width play into the picture someplace?

I'd wager that formula is more like a rule of thumb for a/c tires only? ....tread pattern sure seems to play a big role with car tires.

Guest R64L977

Tire pressure placard is usually on the backside of the strut. Tire valve is usually a size you don't have on the filler hose and when you find your one and only valve adapter you blow the guts out of the center of it and then the batteries give out on your flashlight and then it starts to rain and then you notice the small glint of belt braid through the overlooked gash on the tread and where the &*^*& is the tire cart??? ;)

"Posted By: Mitch Cronin

Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004, at 3:02:33 PM

In Response To: Re:A320 tire pressure (lupin)

...was that a 319, a 320, a 321, a 67-200 or -300? and with which tires now?...or a 747 maybe?... what's this number in my head, 210psi? Is that for a DC10? an A310? a 37?

No thanks, I'll look on the paperwork for what they're supposed to be on the specific aircraft I happen to be diddling with... That way I'm sure. I've seen too many times my head comes up with the right answer for the wrong airplane. Memory isn't my strong suit.".....Especialy in the oh so wonderful world of midnights..what memory :)

Archived