Thank you!

Mitch Cronin

Yesterday I got an e-mail from a man, who posts here from time to time, asking me if I wanted to have a great big beautiful picture of some Canadian Airlines DC10's.... and this morning, he delivered it to me at work! Wow!

It's an awesome picture and it will very soon have a fine home on my wall. Unfortunately, I was pretty busy when he came and didn't get much of a chance to chat for very long, but I thought I at least owed both he and his father (a retired CP pilot, who suggested to him that I might like to have the picture) a thank you post on this forum.

Thank you very, very much!

And for all of you who might think this forum has nothing but argument, bitching and dissent... you're absolutely wrong. Amid the gripes we all have, there's a ton of good will here, and a huge lot of great people. Thank you all for that.

Cheers,

Mitch

Very pretty. Charlie-Papa-India and I have been intimate many times. She was a fine ship... but I must say, I prefer to see her in her blue dress. That orange one seemed to want to accent some lines that weren't there. ;)

This monster photo... it's awesome I tell ya!... has 4 of 'em, all together at Schiphol. 908, 914 (FHX for those ex-WD folk), 903, and 911 (pre signatures).... the best part of it is how 908's tail and number two engine dominate the foreground.

... I'm sick, aren't I?

Mitch, I agree it is an awesome poster...would you consider running it through the photocopier for me!

Also, about the fellow who dropped it off for you, it was nice to see someone so willing to take the time to do something that they knew would make a total stranger (I'm assuming) so happy. He had no problem whatsoever with waiting around while you were "rescued" from the baby bus outside. Hats off to him.

Well, I'm off to visit my old friend Mickey, see ya in a week or so.

• 1 year later...

Starman...

Please excuse the quality of the shot... I'm not familiar yet with these digital gizmos and never was much of a photog... The photograph is 8ft tall by 6ft wide and really needs to be put under glass to iron out the wrinkles, but you can see what it is now anyway.

wink.gif

post-12-126520060017_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...

biggrin.gif ...I was just going through "manage uploads" and came to this old thread... Thought it'd be cool to bring it back to the front for a bit. smile.gif

Does anyone know if Starman is still about, someplace else? Say hello for me if he is... maybe show him that picture? I don't know if he ever saw it.

Bow wow! I thought it was a great pix of the old livery!

Interestingly... it still says "0 Views", so that's evidently incorrect... Must have something to do with it being a post dragged up from the past? huh.gif

Anyway, the image is too large here, so I'll fix that...

Archived