A suggestion for AC:

Mitch Cronin

There always seems to be an airplane in the paint bay here in YYZ, so why not take advantage of the painting opportunities to add a little flavour of airline heritage into our fleet? ...

The TCA machine was a great idea, and now that Air Canada carries the history of many of Canada's once proud airlines within, why not try some of the others.... Like one of the old PWA livery's, a CP bird (not orange! [yuck, ptui, spit, blech, gag]) a "Proud Wings" goose from Canadian... EPA, maybe even a Wardair livery??? (all with Air Canada written on the side of course,)

Let people know that those airlines didn't die, the experience, expertise, employees and history continue within Air Canada.

Could get some mileage on that theme I'd think?

I like that idea. I admit that I did like the CPAir orange when it came out in '68. It was a head of it's time but maybe hung out a little too long.. How about an aircraft painted with all the previous airline logos painted down the side. Or something.....

Guest flyersclub

since EPA departed in 1986, i find the current ac employees don't even know what it was ... no, leave it alone ... we hated ac, they were our competition and we even beat them and made money a couple of years!! current ac doesn't have any of the values we had so forget it!! bah humbug!

My dear lady Flyersclub,

As in many things, what once was, is no longer.

I suspect that it may not surprise you to learn that many of those who once felt as you say "we" did, are now a part of AC. You see, we did not fold, and were not defeated, but rather were made a part of a union of sorts, and are now one and together under the Maple Leaf as our banner.

Many of your former colleagues, and other's who also once considered Air Canada the competition, from who's presence Air Canada continues to reap the benefits of their experience and expertise, would no doubt be thrilled to see a single example of some of those former colours flying again. I certainly would, and I strongly suspect I'm not alone in that thought.

Loyalties such as yours are not without a current deserving recipient, as the efforts, knowledge and experience gained at those predecessor airlines have contributed to the union that now exists as Air Canada. As do the people who came from them and remain. Turning your back on Air Canada means turning your back on what became of your airline and your former colleagues. I have little doubt that it's difficult to see things quite in that light if you ended your employment before this union was formed, but it is nevertheless the truth.

This airline carries with it a collected heritage that makes it a truly National Airline, and I think it might be beneficial to remind the country and ourselves of that truth in a visible way.

Archived