It's funny how...

Gumbi

...human beings easily get accustomed to...well... things!

From reading posts here and on other aviation forums, it seems that now, a good number of people have accepted and are even defending the fact that:

1) a pilot has to pay 30K for a seat on a jet, or 10K for a seat on a TP. (even heard of an outfit in YUL where they charge you 15K for a SW2 PPC, then have you fly right seat for 250hrs paying you about 5K, and then if you want to continue flying for them start the cycle again...)

and

2) crews might soon have to pay for what they drink while on board, on duty.

What next? Any ideas? I'm sure you have plenty...

What happened to the cost of doing business?

(I'm not talking about replenishing your home fridge with company stuff here!)

What will they come up with next to satisfy the stock holders? How can it cost the same price for a return ticket to Europe as it did back in the 70's? Who's being taken advantage of?

So many questions...

"What will they come up with next to satisfy the stock holders? How can it cost the same price for a return ticket to Europe as it did back in the 70's?"

It boggles the mind... CEO's and wizards of all kinds drool at the notion of ripping off the employees so they can squeeze more bums in the seats for nickels and dimes.

When you consider the cost increases over the years... fuel, technology improvements, machinery, everything, but the buggers don't want to increase the fares...

"No, it's these damned employees taking too much!"

If you'd predicted this situation years ago, you'd have been laughed at by everyone.... Yet, here we are.

"CEO's and wizards of all kinds drool at the notion of ripping off the employees so they can squeeze more bums in the seats for nickels and dimes."

Mitch, I don't mind them wanting to squeeze more bums in there, but it's the race to the bottom that I fear. What it is to charge 1$ more per pax to cover for that supposedly expensive bottle of water some were talking about? They want more pax, increase revenue, but charge less to stay ahead!

Just like you said, they don't want to increase the fares accordingly, so somebody else has to pay!

Interesting quote...

"a pilot has to pay 30K for a seat on a jet, or 10K for a seat on a TP. (even heard of an outfit in YUL where they charge you 15K for a SW2 PPC, then have you fly right seat for 250hrs paying you about 5K, and then if you want to continue flying for them start the cycle again...)"

Nobody forces you to work for a place like this. Back in the 80's this kinda s@#t was going on as well. Personally, I think anybody who drops this kind of money is well, dense. Especially when you consider the 'payback' is substantially less that it was a couple of years back.

I find it absurd that we can't afford MRI machines, but we still train Pilots at public expense.

The economy will pick up and eventually there will be lots of jobs, the question is, will they pay what they used to...

Archived