Man in the Middle

Kip Powick

So I thought…hey…why not pay the extra $20.00 and get my “select” seat to my Southern destination and return. I called the website number and waited .

When I finally got through I gave the young fellow our booking number and asked how the seats were going on my specific flight.

“Only a very few sold at this time”, he said.

Well ok ..so I asked for the Emergency exit row…my first and favourite choice.

“Can’t give you those”, he said.

“Why not, are they sold ?”

“No, they are only for Able Body People.”

“I’m an ABP”

“I can’t see you sir”

“Do you have a computer? I’ll send you a picture.”

‘Can’t do that sir, have to see you in person…….on the day of the flight”

OK..that didn’t work… lets see…hmmmm… there is more room in the first row as well.

“OK then I’ll take the first row.”

“Can’t do that sir.”

“Why not ?”

“They are for the handicapped.”

“ I guess you wouldn’t believe I’m handicapped would you ?”

“No sir.”

“Thank you and goodnight.”

Kip:

I appreciate your frustration, but as far as I'm aware, no airline allows pre-booking of exit row seats sight unseen. That said, if you give me your flight details, I'll see what I can do with the folks at the airport supervisor's office.

Send me an email with the details.

J.O.

Awww... not really frustration, I really thought the conversation between the agent and I was kinda funny :)

I am familiar with the ABP thing but thought they may take my word for it and check me out at the airport. I was on a charter, not Skyservice, where I had the row behind the Emergency exit row and an 85 year old arthritic lady was given the Emergency row. She could not get in her seat without the F/A's assistance

I waited until everyone was seated and then called for the "in-charge" and she promptly took the little old lady and had her swap seats with a young fellow in the row ahead.

Thanks for the offer...unfortunately I do not have your email addresss. Here's mine, kidi@sympatico.ca

Archived