F100 in YYC

Guest dopplar

Guest YWG Flyer

I heard of a proposed new carrier wanting to fly F100s on Calgary-Toronto-Calgary in a full Business Class configuration. Could this be 1 of the a/c?

Guest just my opinion

I recall reading something about the F100's and the story goes like this. Two F100's are to be converted to an all business class configuration (2X2) and operated between Calgary and Toronto. It was noted, that the intention was to sell the seats in bulk to corporate clients (ie,books of 10). Sorry,I don't have any more specifics,such as the company or where I read the story.

Is it sporting a fake British registration? If so it's been using in a movie shoot. See the photo gallery on YYZNews.com for photo's of it.

Sorry I don't know who owns it?

Cheers.

Guest crazylady

I was told easy 1500nm and 1800 nm not outside reality. Also 3500 nm with extra tanks wiich take up 3/4 of cargo area, but with 40 seats, how much cargo area do you need. Anyone heard of Westpoint? I thought they were a flying school?

From the Westpoint website:

Aircraft operated by WestPoint Air and Avmax Group Air Training Academy:

C-GWZU Cessna 172M

C-GWDL Cessna 172L

C-FQTR Cessna 172L

C-GIIK Cessna 172 RG Cutlass (retractable)

C-FMFB PA34-200T Seneca II Turbo (known icing IFR Trainer)

C-FEXA Raytheon Beech B55 Baron

C-FYTK Piper Cheyenne II Turboprop

C-FSIM AST-300 Flight Simulator

Charter Aircraft available through WestPoint and Avmax:

PA31 Chieftain

Cessna 206 Turbo (float training)

de Havilland Twin Otter

JetStream 31

Canadair Challenger 604

de Havilland Dash 8 100

Hawker Siddley 700

SAAB 340

Boeing 737-700

Guest blizzard

If Westpoint and Avmax owned the aircraft, you can bet that it wouldn't be sitting outside Field's hangar. If that were the case, Avmax would be doing the maintenance. This must belong to someone else.

Even though it's in USAir colours, I heard it was flown in from Europe around Wednesday or Thursday last week. Why couldn't they pull one out of the US desert?

Anyone on here from Field that can shed some light?

Archived