AEF Posting Tip

Kip Powick

For those that don't know.......

I notice there are few posters that do not know how to put in an icon, (smiley thing etc) and oft time actually type “ insert smiley thing, winking thing etc here”. It is hard to memorize all the little icons this site will take but there is an easy solution.

Go to the HOME page, (click on “Home” above) and then click on FAQs on the LH side and then scroll down and you will see a whole table of the icons.

Hold down your mouse button like you are going to highlight, and run it over the entire table so it is actually highlighted.

Next,,,,select File, above on your browser, and click on, Print… This will give you the option to just print what you highlighted if you 'check' the “selection” button. Print the table out. Use a bread and butter knife to trim your printed document and then using a 6 inch spike and 3 pound ball peen hammer, nail it to the edge of your computer monitor.:)(d)

Here's another one that I just had to use...

I'd finished composing a lengthy post, and hit the button to send it. An error message pops up. Happens all the time (maybe a TTL issue on the posting window?) so no big deal, just right click the posting window, select 'back', and.... Horrors! Nothing there! All that writing lost to the ether. :(

I closed all windows, reopened and scrolled to the spot where the post should be... still nothing. Doh!

Here's the trick that worked for me. Scroll to the post you were responding to, select 'Post Response' again, make a short test post, and send. Now both the original message and the short test post show up. :)

Just delete, the test post, and life is good.

neo

Guest Jazz Monkey

If you are worried about losting your post before you "post" it, just hightlight and press CTRL-C to copy it to the clipboard. If you lose it or if you get an error you can easlily paste it (CTRL-V) it into another post.

Perfectly good advice, J/M. And I wish I could train myself to follow it. I've just got into the habit of rapid fire typing at the end of a post...

Blah blah,

blah

[tab] [tab] [tab] [tab] [tab] [enter]

I should pause before I hit the enter and reflect on how long it took me to compose the post.

Blah blah,

blah

etc...

Archived