EI and type ratings

Guest Ozanne

I am currently on unemployment enjoyment and they have indicated to me that they will not fund anymore aviation related training for the time being. I am still trying to fight with them about this issue but so far I've had no luck. Keep me informed of how you make out and best of luck!

Guest Washington Irving

You may have to be receiving benefits in order to have the benefit of retraining.

The EI people may have a problem if you apply for re-training before you are furloughed.

I hear that if you set foot in a school without their blessing, you will lose your benefits.

If you are going to apply for Teacher's College in Ontario, you have to do it by the first week of this December, you will be advised of your acceptance in the beginning of April, and classes start in September of next year. Other university/college programs may have a similar application timeline.

Hope this helps.

I wouldn't worry about that comment. Even if it were true, and it's been noted here before that it isn't, if an employer can take advantage of EI programs that get pilots off the street, then all power to 'em.

I will definately do that. What is the best time to do a wine tour in the Okanagan? It is something my wife and I have talked about for a while, maybe now that she has "retired" from the workforce we can finally make some plans.

Cheers

Dave

Right now is nice, what with the Wine Festival in full swing. :)

Still, mid-September is warm and sunny and the crowds have gone home.

Late spring is beautiful, too.

neo

Why should taxpayers pay one damn cent for your new type rating. Get another job until this market improves. I don't blame you . Its the idiots who come up with ideas like this.

Archived