admin visa question....

Guest neil in england

Guest neil in england

Hello folks,

My 747400 conversion course material dropped through the post this morning and mentions a crew visa for brits, but as a Canadian passport holder operating into and out of the USA, I've never used one before...the US consulate website says no, but I just want to check with the rest of you...

anybody had to apply for a crew visa on a Canadian passport here?

cheers,

Neil

No visa required, Neil, YET anyway :S. I'm back and forth a couple of times a month, and they still let me in with the birth certificate and driver's licence in my wallet (if the passport's buried in the bag of course - they do seem to prefer proper travel documents these days, tho' ;).)

I have heard that you've got to undergo a lengthy security clearance to do Sim training in the U.S. Not sure if that's been relaxed due to pressure from the flight training industry or not, but I gather it was costing them business.

Since you've already had a F/O stint, it should be a piece of cake for you, so have fun with it.

Cheers, Ian

No visa required, Neil, YET anyway confused_smile.gif. I'm back and forth a couple of times a month, and they still let me in with the birth certificate and driver's licence in my wallet (if the passport's buried in the bag of course - they do seem to prefer proper travel documents these days, tho' wink_smile.gif.)

I have heard that you've got to undergo a lengthy security clearance to do Sim training in the U.S. Not sure if that's been relaxed due to pressure from the flight training industry or not, but I gather it was costing them business.

Since you've already had a F/O stint on the -400, it should be a piece of cake for you, so have fun with it.

Cheers, Ian

No visa required, Neil, YET anyway confused_smile.gif. I'm back and forth a couple of times a month, and they still let me in with the birth certificate and driver's licence in my wallet (if the passport's buried in the bag of course - they do seem to prefer proper travel documents these days, tho' wink_smile.gif.)

Since you've already had a F/O stint on the -400, it should be a piece of cake for you, so have fun with it.

Cheers, Ian

Since you've already had a F/O stint on the -400, it should be a piece of cake for you, so have fun with it. Had your free jaunt on the Conky yet?

Cheers, Ian

Guest neil in england

Thanks Ian,

Yeah, the big bird holds no fear for me...though I wish I could tell ya that the conky bird was a hoot, but I'd be lying, because they OVERSOLD my flight!!!! Liane had an ear problem at the time so maybe 'twas not a bad thing in retrospect, it would be sort of tough oohing and aahing over the flight if my wife was whacked out on antibiotics.....the CCDE is coming to YYZ in a few days on it's farewell tour...the last NYC tickets were up for sale this past weekend...selling at 8500 pounds return, I think I read....almost all gone now...

oh well,

cheers,

Neil

Guest neil in england

Thanks Moon,

Just had to make doubly sure...would be a bit embarrassing for the Captain not being allowed in during route training, eh??

cheers,

Neil

Archived