Computer Q – the way it was

dragon

Computer Q – the way it was

Tried to customize my desktop, I customized it alright, it’s a freakin disaster now. Can anyone tell me how to reset my settings and history to the status it was before I started my experiment?

thank you

This might work:

I use Windows XP and have sometimes had to restore my computer to a point where it was, before a harmful change has taken place.

Start-> All Programs-> Accessories->

System Tools-> System Restore

Then a window should pop up-> Welcome to System Restore

Try that it might work.

>.70 mach

Guest Bulkwheat

Hi dragon,

Click....start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore...then pick a highlighted date in which to restore your computers settings...

Cheers...

Perchance you have the Win98 CD ??????

If so you can do this…..but bear in mind this restores the entire OS in your computer…it is like re-installing Win 98. If you don’t want to do the following…drop me an email and tell me what happened to your desktop….

You can restore your Win98 OS by using the PCRESTOR.BAT file found in the ToolsSysrec subfolder on the Windows 98 Setup CD-ROM. To use it: open Windows Explorer or File Manager (FM = C:WindowsWinfile.exe) and (double)-click on Pcrestor.bat. This will copy Msbatch.inf to the newly created C:Restore folder, and then it will run Setup.exe unattended, which will reinstall the OS over your existing copy, thus repairing a possibly damaged system.

Archived