Flyers and capitals in YXU

Guest Dash eight

Guest Dash eight

Philidelpia Flyers are in town for exhibition game at the John Labbat Centre tonight against the Washington Capitals. The flyers came in on Air Canada Jetz A319 and the Capitals showed up on US registered clapped out privately owned 737 200 that looked long overdue for the scrap yard.

Guest lancaster

Clapped out?? AC Jetz 737's look a lot worse than the on in YXU! This A319 is one that the lessors took from AC mainline and found a 3rd party lessor, who, in turn, leased it back to AC with the 1st and 2nd months payments upfront as well as the 2nd last and last payments up front. Essentially, AC has this AC for 4 months.........4months that the smart lessors are already paid for! At huge lease rates!

Guest Patrick Bergen

I am very interested at the detail of information that you have. Where these agreements published or do you know a guy who knows a guy?

Guest lancaster

I never give details of where this info comes from. Lets just say, AC is a long.......LONG..........way from coming out of CCAA. Turbulent times await contrary to what most believe. Spin Doctors have been at work.

Guest lancaster

No.......not at all. Just keep fumbling along Patrick. The investment community loves you guys! Reason is.......employees are takin' in the you know what for years of mismanagement....the creditors want you to keep takin' it so they minimize their bad judgements of the past, in hopes of salvaging whatever they can. New supply contracts are becoming an increasing thorn in AC's side right now as all suppliers are going to make up for what they lost in their new pricing schemes which spells higher costs to come for AC. You just keep believin' what you want........And oh ya....good luck!!

Guest lancaster

Oh ya....one more thing......all of the renegotiated leases on AC's Airbus fleet that the media has reported on forgot to mention one thing...they are short term renegotiations.......1 yr to be exact.....and then penalties applicable in the leases will kick in, when the negotiations start in one year from now.

Guest Patrick Bergen

You clearly feel you have uncovered some overlooked information regarding leases which you have then extrapolated to the long term health picture of Air Canada.

Your comments can then be only considered to be intended to have maximun spin based on the lack of depth of details provided. This spin appears to be designed to deflate the hopes of those that would like to see AC do well. This is your posts are likely dismissed by most who read them.

Guest lancaster

No depth is really needed in AC's case Patrick. Common sense if applied to the business model will tell you that AC's 12billion dollar debt doesn't just go away......regardless of Canada's hollow CCAA procedure. Big players want their money. AC will pay.......they are not, contrary to popular employee belief in the drivers seat. Lots of opportunity exists in the middle east right now for leasing out AC. AC has only settled for the short term, to once again try to emerge. After all, their entire business plan has always been short term. This is just being replayed on someone elses terms right now to save your butts from unemployment.

Lanc , if it were true and I certainly have no way of knowing the inside track here , I would say they`re in for a lot more grief. Then again , if it`s bs , well then you`re just a wanker.

I personally think , that "modern business accounting practices aside", Air Canada blew it by having hardly ANY aircraft equity , just a lot of neat tidy leases over the last several years. Is it cheaper or MORE EXPENSIVE in the long run to rent or to own ?

I`m sure the accountants like it , it`s easy on their calculators , simple in practice , but do you really stay solvent by leasing your entire fleet ?

Guest lancaster

You have just answered your own question. IE: Canada 3000. When you have no assets, you have no positioning. It takes very little in the way of market swings to make the house of cards tumble.

Guest Patrick Bergen

Good for you even though I sense a bit of a jab as well. There are a number of good things that are done by the various divisions and companies associated with Air Canada. It seems sacriligous (sp?) to commend anything Air Canada these days. Hopefully that trend will change.

Guest lancaster

I suspect it is Dagger who is getting nervous. This is a response not consistent with Dagger's post of the past. He too, is fairly knowledgeable as to what is to come.

Actually, Lancaster, my sources tell me everything is coming off fine for AC's restructuring. On op fo that, fuel prices are moderating, the transborder market and transpacific markets are recovering. Lots can go wrong for the industry, especially on the international side, but it's also a lead pipe cinch that if the worst of the crisis abroad is easing, it plays very much into the hands of the investors who covet a stake in AC. Perfect timing.

Now go walk Danny Dog.

Hey David Gersovitz, it is you who appear to be getting a tad nervous.

We can normally expect a measured response from you but not now. Hmm. I wonder why?

Perhaps it is because after all AC's efforts, their casm may drop to about 15 cents. Do the math yourself.

WJ reported it's casm is expected to drop below 11 cents and there's still a 500 mile difference in average stage length.

In otherwords, all the efforts to narrow the gap are for naught, and LiveTV is a month away.

Touche. Oh yea, my buddies at WJ checked and you've never flown WJ, so please, ixnay on the negative comments on the WJ flights you've never taken.

Guest Patrick Bergen

"my buddies at WJ checked and you've never flown WJ"

Please consider your remarks about Westjet handing out passenger information to non-employees, as I am sure this is not the image they want portrayed in a public forum.

Guest Patrick Bergen

"my buddies at WJ checked and you've never flown WJ"

Please consider your remarks about Westjet handing out passenger information to non-employees, as I am sure this is not the image they want portrayed in a public forum.

Guest PortTack

Dagger,

You have posted in the past that new aircraft leases have not been a liabilty as the create a direct revenue stream. Curious why you don't think new aircraft are wise now.

Speaking of anonymity and privacy issues, the aviation community is a truly small world. Can you believe we have mutual friends? I have a relative that works at WJ, and she knows some of your buddies there. What are the chances of that?

Oh, by the way, she says that there's going to be an investigation into who gave you information from their passenger database. Apparently that's a big no no. Who knew?

Is it true that you're a really diehard Rams fan?

Regina Rams? Oh yea. Love 'em. Never miss a game.

Big investigation? Yea right. Any res agent can pull the data any time they want.

The result?

NO record of David Gersovitz, AKA Dagger. Therefore, NO data on DAGGER, NO information on DAGGER. Comprendi? He's NEVER flow WJ, yet he routinely disses the service. Hoisted by the petard were we saying?

I distinctly remember Danny Mutt predicting the ultimate bankruprtcy of AC way back when He's probably chewing on the big old rawhide bone in the sky laughing about that one....

"Any res agent can pull the data any time they want."

Yeah, they can do that at Air Canada too. The issue is giving the information to non employees to post on the internet.

Regina Rams? When did they move from St Louis? Oh, I see, you think I'm bluffing about knowing who you are. Like I said, it's a small world.

Actually, have you ever heard Dagger dissing the service at Westjet? Cite me one instance. You can't, because Dagger has never dissed the service. Dagger has compared prices, Dagger has told you what he likes in a flight (on any airline). Sorry, buddy, you just keep digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole on this one. You'll be eating Chinese food for lunch at this rate.

Archived