Question

Kip Powick

Kip, I just signed up and looked at it. To me it is just a travel webstite like any other. They may have a few lost leaders to get you in there, but you have to look hard for the occational "deal". Plus there are a few 10-15% off deals for attractions such as Orlando and Vegas.

The search engine for hotels looks very similar to Hotels.com, and many of the prices are identical to those "off the street" prices. Certainly not much better than what you would get on your own walking in with airline ID, or a CAA membership.

Lots of the prices say ... starting at... so the real price could vary.

There is one deal on the home page it is for $94 versus $155 at the golden nugget in Vegas.

Airfare is the same as destina etc. There did seem to be some special pos airfares for around 199 out of LHR.

Cruises are not advertised, you have to call a 800 number.

Car rentals look like regular "airline" employee rates. IE $40.00 in YEG for example.

Vacation properties look like Time share sell offs at $150-$350 per night.

It does have interesting links to time zones, currency and flight tracker as well as tourist info for many locations and it lets you know what hotels give airline discounts, but nothing that cannot be found for free elsewhere.

IMO a big waste of a bargain hunters time.

They claim a 2 day cancellation period for the $11.00 for 6 month membership option, I will let you know if they honor it.

Cheers

Kip, I just signed up and looked at it. To me it is just a travel webstite like any other. They may have a few lost leaders to get you in there, but you have to look hard for the occational "deal". Plus there are a few 10-15% off deals for attractions such as Orlando and Vegas.

The search engine for hotels looks very similar to Hotels.com, and many of the prices are identical to those "off the street" prices. Certainly not much better than what you would get on your own walking in with airline ID, or a CAA membership.

Lots of the prices say ... starting at... so the real price could vary.

There is one deal on the home page it is for $94 versus $155 at the golden nugget in Vegas.

Airfare is the same as destina etc. There did seem to be some special pos airfares for around 199 out of LHR.

Cruises are not advertised, you have to call a 800 number.

Car rentals look like regular "airline" employee rates. IE $40.00 in YEG for example.

Vacation properties look like Time share sell offs at $150-$350 per night.

It does have interesting links to time zones, currency and flight tracker as well as tourist info for many locations and it lets you know what hotels give airline discounts, but nothing that cannot be found for free elsewhere.

IMO a big waste of a bargain hunters time.

They claim a 2 day cancellation period for the $11.00 for 6 month membership option, I will let you know if they honor it.

Cheers

Wow !!! Thank you for all your research !! Well done. Let me know how you make out. You can email me if you like at;

kidi@sympatico.ca.

The reason for asking the initial question was that there was a small "blurb" in the AC FamilyNet newsletter extolling how good it was.

Just played with the website again and still not thrilled. Very unorganized. Bargains for resorts are very simplistic, just dollar value and no discription.

Everytime you change pages it sends you back to the login page.

Flighttracker page results in error.

Like you I was curious about the AC blurb in the daily, but I cannot find the deal they mentioned.

Think that I will stick with interline.ca and dargal emails.

Cheers, how's retirement?

RJP

....forgive me... "How's retirement"??????

COMON!! How's winning the lottery? How's a night with the Penthouse Pet of the Month? How's a few months on a huge boat in the water? How's life!!?

Sheesh.... How's retirement..... sigh... :S

You may want to sign up for e-mails from this fellow. He was with Dargal but decided to strike it out on his own. We have used him on our last 2 cruises and really liked his service. I found Dargal charged administration fees everytime you changed something with your booking (in US dollars) this agency does not charge any admin fees.

Archived