For the Salty Sea S<b>Kip</b>per

Mitch Cronin

Huh?!! Whimped out??

Differing vantage points sure do change a picture! So, for the record... since I can't leave "Whimped out" as a public stain on my otherwise impeccable reputation (:D)... Here's my version:

The message I got when you called from Simcoe on your way up, while I was still at work(*footnote below), was that you'd be calling, from there, on your way back down. She even said you thought you might have to get back to Lagoon City for corrections of repairs (or something?).

So along comes my holidays and we rent a slip in Lagoon City... Primarily for the heck of it, but in my mind that also would work conveniently with plans to meet up with you. (and telling you it was just for you might help add some guilt? ;) )

Then, on your way back down, while our boat is tied at the dock in Lagoon City on Simcoe, you wait 'til you're almost exiting Sturgeon Lake to call... Umpteen lakes further down!

I thought maybe you'd decided you didn't want a guy who can't quit smoking on your boat.(Or, I figured it might mean you thought I was a stupid dork for having created a public ruckus for a certain CEO)

In any case, I thought it meant you'd waited 'til the chance was slim. But meeting up with you then would have meant taking the trailer an hour north, hauling the boat out of Lagoon City, and taking it an hour or so east by trailer, to an as yet unknown launching ramp someplace... While my brother and his son were visiting. Which I still might have done if I hadn't had the feeling that perhaps your waiting 'til then was in hopes of missing me.

*- In hindsight, I think as soon as I got that message I should have done all I could to try to get in touch with you, to verify your plans.

But next year.... if you're game... Have trailer, will haul!

Cheers,

Mitch

Arghhhhhhh ! I be pulling your peg leg matey, with regard to the "priority" thing and I am sure you know it :). We are very sorry we missed you and unfortunately some things happened, (a funeral/a hospital visit/dinged prop), that blew the schedule out of the water...so to speak.:>

I am sure we will get together but you are going to have a long haul, (YOW/YUL)...unless we can do the "thang" in 1000 Islands next year :) :)

Aye Cap'n, I knew it. :D

My boat and I seem to have a slight allergy to calm waters... My wife, on the other hand, seems to have a slight allergy to rough water... But, I found that pushing the nose of the beast into the waves with the hydraulic "trim tabs" (the folks who owned this boat before us evidently had some money), makes her idea of rough water somewhat more liberal.... So I think anything the Lake Ontario waters can throw at us would be just fine! (just so long as I didn't have to leave her in for any length of time to get that particular brand of slime on her!)

Are you sure there's a thousand of 'em? Has anyone ever counted? ;)

Cheers,

Mitch

Archived