Small town living

Mitch Cronin

The other day, as I passed by the gas station in the middle of our little town on my way home from work, I hung my head out the window to look back at 77.9 cents/litre... the price of diesel fuel... momentarily. (could only see it from behind me after I'd passed)

When I got home, after the usual greeting with the dogs, and as I was getting them each an ice cube (don't ask, the critters have decided that's a part of our ritual greeting when I come home).. the phone rings...

"Hello?" sez I

"Is that low enough for you?" sez a voice I don't recognize

"Pardon me?"

"Is that Low enough for you?" ...something familiar about the voice, but who?

".... Is what low enough for me?"

"The price of diesel fuel!" sez the man I now identify as the guy who runs the gas station.... blink.gif

He'd seen me looking... knew exactly what I was looking at, and decided to let me know how predictable I was, I guess... Only in a small town I tell ya! smile.gif

Hate to add insult to injury Mitch but the cost of regular gas at both the Sunoco and Shell station's on Airport road last night were at 71.5 cents/litre. biggrin.giftongue.gif

And in YYC where we produce the stuff we are paying through the nose.

They brew Sleeman's right here in Guelph and I pay the same price at the brewery store as I did in YVR this summer! How fair is that?? mad.gif

Archived