Air Canada check-in agents at YYC

wjafa

just wanted to say that tonight when I took the love of my life to the airport for his flight to London Heathrow, the AC agent we had was extremely pleasant.

I do want to mention however, that while she was typing away and printing the boarding pass out, she was bemoaning with a colleague about how long her day was and how she'd "need a wheelchair" to get to her car from all the running around she did today. All the while sitting on a chair behind the desk. huh.gif

Her demeanor towards us as guests was pleasant, polite, and very professional. It's too bad she had to mar the experience by complaining about her job infront of us.

Anyways, wanted to say thanks to her though, because she did make us laugh and was a very nice lady.

edit: PS: I am not saying this doesn't happen at WJ or any other airline before anyone jumps down my throat! (although WJ agents don't have chairs unless they are pregnant or need it for a disability)

Guest Zebigboss

Yes but your agents are 19 years old and ours are.... Well lets just say a little bit older now. So a chair is not too much to ask for them. That being said many of them dont even use the chairs and some of our older agents actually have more stamina than our younger ones... I'm glad you did appreciate your experience and the customer service offered to you and your sweerheart by our agent... Thanks for mentioning it.

not all of our agents are 19 years old. That' a pretty big sweeping generalization.

I don't mind the chairs at all, just the complaining about the job infront of us sort of dampened what could have been a perfect customer service experience.

Guest rattler

My wife travels from YYC to YVR quite often and we have never had a bad experience with the AC agents in either city. Always most pleasant but of course so are we so perhaps it is a case of getting back what you give. Glad your experience was also positive.

Guest Zebigboss

Sorry wjafa, I forgot the majority of your staff were at least 55 years of age +... So the lady was tired and made a comment to that effect (Maybe she has a sarcastic sense of humour thus the wheelchair comment)... And even if it was'nt humour... These things happen to the best of us. Afterall, to the 22 year old partying university student a toilet paper roll down an aircraft aisle might seem funny, but to the environmentalist seating beside him its a waste of valuable natural resources and a lack of professionalism... Its a matter of interpretation... Bottom line is that you very well served. That's all that matters!

I would think AC Agents have chairs because most shifts are 8 to 12 hrs and most Westjet shifts for Agents are 4 hrs where at most 2 hrs at check in 1 hr at boarding and one hr dealing with lost bags or siting in the back room talking with other westjeters.

wajfa brings up a valid point.

When you are the one being served in a customer service situation, you are not interested in the troubles of the 'agent' you are faced with.

Many times in my travels I get unsolicited drivle from agents of companies that I have decided to spend my money with. I don't care if they like their job or not.

Many times in my travels on Air Canada I hear things that I don't care to hear. I walk away with a poor impression of the one doing the complaining.

Archived