Question for AC Ramp employees

Guest Fleet80

As you know, not all employees work a normal shift, and in your particular case the other ramp crew may have been on a scheduled break.

Guest Rob Assaf

Coolest thing I ever saw was in YQR and YXE. They turned our 146, full in and out, 76 pax. Christmas bag load (absolute maxed), water, lavs, grooming in 20 minutes! Brakes set to push back! We arrived late and left on Sched. This did not happen once but on several occasions. Each time I made an effort to contact the local stoc to pass on my thanks. (These guys were original AC several years ago prior to all the mergers so I don't know if this still is the case).

Pulling in to the gate was like an F1 pit stop, there were so many guys over the wall. One guy on the wands, one with the Ground power, one the chocks, one on the bridge, lav truck, water truck, bag tugs, etc. By the time we did the shutdown check and set up for departure, everyone had been and gone, the agents were already starting the pre boards for the outbound. The biggest holdup was the time it took to fuel or we could have left AHEAD of sched.

They used everyone in the ramproom, our crew and the 320 crew though. It works and it can be done. Also minimised the "outside" time for the crew in the cold temps although I also saw this work in warm temps too. I assume that our 146 crew helped get the 320 out too!

Those guys rocked, I wouldn't deny them their lounge comforts because when it came time to do it, they all answered the call. They probably got it to the point where they could do it on a commercial and miss less of the program! (being the prairies, it was probably curling!) Who cares though, IT (they) worked when it counted. Being a small base, we also got to know many of them my name and face, I sure miss those days.

Archived