Vote No?

Guest a300guy

Guest a300guy

If some of the ACPA pilots are thinking of voting "no" to the tentative agreement, I have a suggestion:

Since a "no" vote could quite conceivably put Air Canada into bankruptcy proceedings, why not just resign now and let the people who want to vote "yes" stick around and try to rebuild the company?

Comments?

Guest buskipper

I am thinking of voting "no" but I'll wait until I have all the facts and a complete package with all the gory details.

As well, I haven't been convinced that Air Canada would truly shut down. A "no" vote might simply force other groups to ante up more than they have.

Also, prior to quiting, as you suggest, I am expecting AC to offer some early retirement packages to our senior pilots, many of whom will have to be re-trained at great cost to the company. So far no talk about packages. It seems the other groups got all the deals. Perhaps Milton felt that if he &%$@! off the pilots badly enough the senior ones would leave. It doesn't work that way - look at our last early retirement offer. It was not generous and despite all the whining that was going on hardly anyone left.

As for voting, even our MEC hasn't accepted it yet although that should happen late this week.

Guest ACguy

Very interesting sentiment here. However, the company line is training is on-going and therefore not a cost consideration.

Hello buskipper,

I've just been perusing some more and I came across this comment from you:

" It seems the other groups got all the deals."

Can you tell us what deals you're referring to? And which other groups? I'd hate to see this whole thing go sour for the sake of simple misunderstandings... I'm not aware of any group who's gotten any breaks, or deals, and I think you might be holding some false perceptions. Or is it me? Enlighten me please.

Thanks,

Mitch

Guest Tri-spool

I believe it is 1-pilot, 1-vote. If you don't like democracy then I suggest you go off to another country! From my understanding the current MEC is not even sure about recommending the deal to be ratified by the pilot group.

And please don't preach to me about the greater good of the company!

Cheers!

Guest buskipper

Yes, we have heard the company line before that there is no cost to training. We have also heard that Milton respects his pilots. Both are a load of you know what.

Mitch asked about my reference to retirement packages. CUPE has 2,500 and ACPA has 0.

Guest Geminoid

Remember, CUPE packages are coming out of the loyalty bonus that they never got. Are you ready to give back your bonus so the senior guys can retire early?

Geminoid

Archived