For Pete Jensen & the other Gods

Guest John Deere

Guest John Deere

Funny that no one seems to get it eh there Pete. Why cant all non ACPA pilots understand that the best thing they can do for their careers and the industry is to quit their jobs to stay at home on welfare until ACPA "Raises the bar" for them and then maybe hires them. (BOTL of course) The pilots at WJ JG CJ Jazz ect. Just can't seem to grasp that the only pilots that deserve a living in this industry are ACPA. So they "prostitute themselves" and "lower the bar” for everyone (APCA pilots) all in an effort to hold on to jobs they have no right to anyway. These pilots need to wake up and realize the obvious fact that every pilots goal is to make it into the elite ACPA, and that they must sacrifice their livelihoods for the higher good. (Like pawns protecting the more important pieces in a chess game)

You arrogant hypocritical idiots. (I am referring to the small minority of ACPA pilots that actually buy into this garbage) Everyone in this country has the right to build their careers and feed their family’s any way they see fit. ACPA has been ruthless in pursuit of cash and jobs for it members, often at the expense of other pilot groups. Fair enough, but now that times have changed don’t cry about others playing the same game.

Oh and Pete it makes me sick that people come to this country make their 6 figure salary and then whine and complain about how Canada has been unfair to them the second times get tough. This country was built on the backs of people who came here and stuck with it through times far far tougher then these. So good riddance I hope being a parasite on some other country’s economy works out for you.

Regards,

John Deere.

Guest Boeing Pilot

Don't forget the idiots who are willing pay for there jobs and work for 60K. I guess if guys continue with this attitude you'll be making 40K in the left seat 10 years from now. But hey, sure is nice flying an airplane.

I guess I should mention I'm not an ACPA member.

Enjoy your weekend

John, Normally I stay out of these kinds of threads, but what the hey!! At what salary do you feel that a pilot earns enough compensation that they no longer "prostitute themselves"? What do you base your sense of self worth upon? I am not trying to wind you up, I am truly curious at what point you feel you are able to look yourself in the eye? Flight crew are, and always have been a disproportianate percentage of an airlines cash outflow, arguably people like myself (Mtce.) who are compensated at a much lower rate than you but who still bear ultimate responsibility are the ones who should be crying foul. We do sort of but never in a concerted way, I feel I personally am somewhat underpaid but I live an acceptable life (by my measure) and, if I had the chance to do it all over would probably not change careers....

Just wonderin'

Guest John Deere

I Base my self worth and the worth I attribute to others on personal integrity, hard work, perseverance, ect. The people I respect the most in my life are by no means the highest paid.

That being said I respect the right for any individual to make whatever they are able to for their skills. What troubles me are the ACPA pilots that put burdens on others shoulders that they are unwilling to lift a finger to bare. The reason pilots are paying 30k to make 60k is that the only other option is unemployment. I propose that all the ACPA pilots that are attacking these people quit their $200k+ a year jobs. Then the less fortunate pilots can move up and Jetsgo will have to raise their rates. If people making 200k a year can't or are unwilling to go without work then how do they expect people making 60k to do the same.

Guest John Deere

Then why don't you be the first to make the stand. Give a Jetsgo pilot your job and then you stay home until these company's start paying what your worth.

Or is it a little different when its your career on the line?

All I'm saying is that in tough times people have to do what they have to do to stay afloat. Believe me I don't like the state of the industry any better then you do. But I don't expect people to refuse work so that I can make more money. Supply and demand, right now its an employers market and they are showing no mercy. When it turns around these companys will be a revolving door if they refuse to put the money on the table.

Guest John Deere

By the way Maverick I'm also an Westjet AME. I should probably follow your philosopy and stay out of it but I just couldn't leave this one alone.

Cheers,

John Deere.

Guest Nobias

So what do you think you are gaining by posting such vitriolic messages? When you call people idiots and make sarcastic comments, the only reaction is going to be a defensive one, and rightly so. If you really want to make a point, why don’t you present a cogent and level headed argument? As it is, you just come across as a bitter and vindictive AME. I don’t think that there is anyone in this industry or any other who doesn’t want to get the best that they can and who doesn’t get frustrated at the state of affairs sometimes. But I think that if you can keep it from getting so personal, you have a much better chance of making your point.

(((I propose that all the ACPA pilots that are attacking these people quit their $200k+ a year jobs.)))

Before you enter into a discussion about salaries perhaps you should have the approproiate data at hand. How many, if any, pilots in AC make 200K+?

Need a bigger stick to stir the pot ???? ;)

((((I Base my self worth and the worth I attribute to others on personal integrity, hard work, perseverance, ect))))

Personally, I feel one's worth is predicated on the requirement of the individuals skills and the going rate in the industry at the time. Haven't seen many people tell their boss...."Hey, pay me less cause I feel I contribute lots to others and I have a lot of personal integrity".

Nice to take the high road...but come on now...let's look at life as it actually is .

Have a nice weekend....I am g-o-n-e. :>

Archived