New Teamsters Contract.

Guest jzdude

Guest Nova Zemlya

I take these responses DC 3, and Peanut as the voice of the collective ignorance pervasive to the regional F/A's, normally senior to the company and without conscience when attempting to browbeat anyone junior to them.

I have heard it all before, and it seems it is the way the system is built, that if you are junior, you are obliged to take crap from the senior people.

How nice that you can feel competitive towards people that are beneath you.

Spread the love and support, people.

Guest DeeSee3

If you want to be beneath me, go ahead.

But don't expect me to spread love and support to someone who does the most dishing out of BS.

This is just a guess , but most of the other parties on this forum will probably agree with me

Guest Nova Zemlya

You are not the center of the universe, the last I checked.

For anybody with an opinion, I hope it is not dependant on whether DC 3 approves or not.

Guest Peanuts

Most senior folks I know don't care about the years they have been here. They don't go telling people they are senior. However, it appears that the jumior ones sure like to complain about being junior.

We are trying to make a company work. If you don't like the way that it is being done then do something about it. Otherwise if all you can do is rant and complain you should find a more suitable career path.

Guest jzdude

Peanuts

You say "if you don't like the way that it is being done then do something about it". Does this include letting the company walk all over you? Our union is allmost just as bad. They were in negotiations with mgmt since Feb and they still managed to give away the farm. I mean come on we are now down to Zip wages and the working conditions take us back at least five years.

Don't you think that if this union really had our best interests in mind that the TA would have been a little less painfull to read? There is alot of noise being made that the TA is not going to get ratified.

Guest DeeSee3

For those of you who think that this is some form of negotiation , I suggest you review the words of Justice Farley.

And if Jazz F/As wish to vote NO to the agreement , then go ahead , restructuring would be the perfect time to transfer the work , open new units , and there would be a whole lot of laid-off mainline and future Zippers who would love to fly your old routes !

Guest lizard

Hi Kevin,

Yes, I still think the TA looks more like old CRA than the more recent Jazz agreement, for the following reasons:

-credit for res

-per diems based on duty during meal hours

-benefit cost sharing ratio

-WDO credit

-pension contribution is lower than CRA

-min guarantee lower than CRA

-NBG calculated like CRA

-OT paid out at 90 hrs (85 hrs at CRA)

-no credit for deadheading (not even CRA did that)

-22 hour reserve (yes I know CRA had 24 hr res, but what was the likelihood of being called out between 10 PM and 3AM?)

-# of legs per day

-max duty day.

Wages sit half-way between CRA and previous Jazz, and training outside of window will allow f/a's to recoup some of the pay discrepancies.

But because of the work flexibility, and all of us working a little more, I see a need for fewer flight attendants in the near future.

As for the US per diems, we barely set foot in the US at my base, how about out of YVR?

But as I stated in my first post, it's still a little better than CRA, and I still have a job. Better than EI (especially since I'm not eligible for EI and would have a "sacré de probleme" if I were out of a job right now!).

Will you be going to all of the roadshows? It would be great to see you again!

Lizard

Guest Peanuts

hey jazdude,

Don't get me wrong. No I don't mean letting the company run over you. But you have to agree that now is not the time to be complaining about seniority which Nova was doing. I agree the TA to put it mildly "sucks". I am simply happy we still have jobs. This TA is not permanent. Hopefully in a couple of years we can start bargaining for the things we had. Untill then I am going to grin and bear it. Lets make the best of it and not take it out on each other.

take care guy

Whew! I've just managed to plow my way through this thread... Two things need to jump out of my fingers to the keyboard:

1- That "1.5%" you've seen elsewhere is nothing more than a smokescreen designed to make the brain-dead among the troops feel as though it's not a bad hit. The truth is much greater when all is considered.

In the IAM's deal, we lose a week of holidays, a half hour paid lunch, overtime pay, sick time, and more, as well as that 1.5%.

Having no desire to punish myself, I haven't worked out the totals, but I've now heard wiser folks than myself estimate it at anywhere between 16% - 21%... And that would change with amount of overtime worked. Oh, and that all comes on top of the loss of the piddley 2.5% we were supposed to get this year (part of the insanely long contract agreed to in the fight against Onex)

I'm not bitching, I merely hoped to clear up any misconceptions about 1.5%!

Oh ya, and...

2- Nova Zemanutdude reminds me of a guy I met about 25 years ago in Greenpeace who'd done too much LSD in his past. Hell of a mind on him, but somewhat out of control. His elevator no longer went all the way to the top, but it sure did some fancy side tracks at each floor.

Whew! I've just managed to plow my way through this thread... Two things need to jump out of my fingers to the keyboard:

1- That "1.5%" you've seen elsewhere is nothing more than a smokescreen designed to make the brain-dead among the troops feel as though it's not a bad hit. The truth is much greater when all is considered.

In the IAM's deal, we lose a week of holidays, a half hour paid lunch, overtime pay, sick time, and more, as well as that 1.5%.

Having no desire to punish myself, I haven't worked out the totals, but I've now heard wiser folks than myself estimate it at anywhere between 16% - 21%... And that would change with amount of overtime worked. Oh, and that all comes on top of the loss of the piddley 2.5% we were supposed to get this year (part of the insanely long contract agreed to in the fight against Onex)

I'm not bitching, I merely hoped to clear up any misconceptions about 1.5%!

Oh ya, and...

2- Nova Zemawhositz reminds me of a guy I met about 25 years ago in Greenpeace who'd done too much LSD in his past. Hell of a mind on him, but somewhat out of control. His elevator no longer went all the way to the top, but it sure did some fancy side tracks at each floor.

Maybe that doesn't quite depict NZ, but.... Man, the angles he looks at... whew!

Archived