Dave Richie you could learn from Buz

Guest Max Continuous

>> or the IAM and the pilots taking the major haircut? <<

Exactly! and nothing has been posted to ACPA membership since May 22nd. It's all too quiet.

Guest chiselcharter

Rumour today says Jazz has arranged financing, and completed most of the paper trail for Milton's plan 'B' should AC fail. He is settling contracts with the units he requires to run the 'New AC'. Less than 24 hours to go, it's going to be a thriller!

Guest CarryOn

So let me get straight.Caw negotiates no wage cuts, no pension give backs,health care stays the same yet they are asking ACPA and CUPE for huge concessions! Why would they release this info the night before ACPA is suppose to reveal their answer to the take it or leave it proposal. Why should ACPA or Cupe take anymore than any other group? Because Pilots are paid more than an agent? NO. Because Cupe negotiated a contact just 4 months ago and now the company realizes they were wrong? No. If the company wants to be serious, then lets be serious. There should be no better deals for any union. We are in this together.

Guest CarryOn

Sorry to put it here, I could not post a new topic for some reason.

Company Requests for Increased Productivity

Eliminate all job security provisions (LOU #23)

Increase maximum monthly limitation from 75 to 90 hours and reduce monthly days off to 10 for all

Increase voluntary extension from 85 to 100 hours per month

Change sick leave entitlement from 12 days/yr to max. allotment of 48 hrs/yr. No accrual and no carry forward of sick leave

Reduce statutory holiday allotment from 12 to 9 days per year

Change vacation entitlement by 1 week for all employees with over 6 years of service and pay vacation at 2.35 hours/day instead of trip credits missed. Eliminate all vacation that conflicts with pairings

Eliminate premiums: route, language, in-charge, night flying, draft

Reduce duty period guarantee to ¼ and trip hour guarantee to 1/6

Pay for actual flight time (not the greater of actual vs. scheduled)

Wage scale alteration – eliminate two top tiers of flight attendant scale and create one I/C rate of step on scale for every 12 month vs. current 6 month

Revise pay protection to equal monthly minimum guarantee

Eliminate primary care days

Long range flying: consolidate and amend provisions to eliminate penalties, allow load crewing, use a single I/C, utilize a maximum duty period of 20 hours, etc.

Eliminate paid recurrent training

Union to withdraw all non-disciplinary grievances

Union to withdraw complaints before the Canadian Industrial Relations Board

Reduce pay scale by 10%

Hotel selection using cost efficiency criteria

Eliminate cleaning/footwear allowances

Reduce per diems

Eliminate aircraft restrictions in LOU #24 (ZIP)

Eliminate restrictions to create new classification structure

Alter scope provisions to allow for all CL-65’s to transfer to Jazz

Additional 100 seat regional jets – f/a salary capped at $38.16 per hour

Introduce Preferential Bidding System

Company Requests for Additional Salary Items

Eliminate “Me Too” and “Cola” provisions

Equity/Profit Share Program

Pay increases of 1.0% January 1st, 2005 and 1.5% January 1st, in each of 2006 – 2009

Company Requests for Pensions and Benefits

Employees who retire by July 31st, 2003 would not have their pensions affected

Effective August 1st, 2003, pension benefits for remaining active employees would be reduced by 10 per cent. In lieu of these pension benefit cuts, employees could take a maximum 7.3 percent wage cut for the 2004-2008 period

The benefits program will be re-designed, with increased employee premiums ($240 per year more for singles, $612 per year more for families).

Other

Collective agreement extended to June 30th, 2009

All new hires subject to lower ceiling on maximum pay rates by category

Layoffs in the range of 2000 – 3000 by the end of August 2003

I think you should read between the lines of the great and omnipotent Buzz.

The Star reported "retiree's pensions will not be touched". Does that mean all currently retired persons (probably) or everyone currently on the payroll (probably not)?

Is the 10% for two months followed by something else? Why would we be here if it wasn't?

How do they save the company $150 million a year with no wage, pension or benefit cuts?

That works out to over $24,000 per employee PER YEAR!!!

According to the Star article I read, the only thing that they have given up is 9 holiday days, some layoffs and some work rules.

If the 800 laid off workers made $187,000 per year, I guess the number could be met just through layoffs, though.

So, let's take the 800 layoffs out of it at $40,000 per year (my apologies either way if I'm out by a few thou). That leaves a measly $120 million that has to come out of somewhere. Still $22,000 per remaining employee. WOW, there must be some amazingly inefficient work rules in sales! But these are ultimately just equivalent to the layoffs they create, aren't they? So, it doesn't add up...

Oh yeah... the 9 days. At $1000 per day (that's reasonable, isn't it?) that reduces the remaining amount to only $13,000 per employee.

Come on people... ask questions when you are presented with unbelievable information! Yer gettin' sucked in by someone! I'm surprised the article wasn't written by the much vaunted Susan Pigg herself.

There's still lots of BS going around about many of these things. Don't anybody let bull, rumour and innuendo be your guide.

This is from the CAW news release, seems it has been missed in all hub hub about scope and RJ's. I'm sure a lot of people will be a little more at ease.

"“In addition the company has announced that the pension remains intact for all employees and retirees, not just those represented by the CAW.”

http://action.web.ca/home/caw2002/alerts.shtml?sh_itm=fea7d31a0c99841209f1f446be25a9d4

Archived