Problem isn't acpa wages

Guest rance

Guest rance

The problem for acpa is their wages arn't the real issue regarding rj costs,even if they operate them for the same wage scale as jazz. The real problem is AC leads make 60K a year, an ac ticket agent can make 60k a year (attitude included for the price)and the flight attendants or incharge make more than some of the pilots while jazz support staff isn't close to those expenses. This is what is costing jobs at the mainline, so pilot need to stop blaming each other and focus on the real reason why the rjs will be leaving the mainline.

Guest Starman

Good post, Rance, and another reason why all employee groups should be getting the same percentage wage reduction during the re-structuring process.

That's a contradiction because if the incharge and other rates are way too high, than they would have to take a much larger percentage cut - 25%, 35%, 50% ???? If everybody took the same 10% cut, it would simply move you further away from the RJs. Moreover, you have to cost out complete package value like they did at Jazz. All concessions have a cash value to the company, not just wages. If because of rule changes one employee can do the job of two, then the wage cost for that function is cut in half irrespective of what happens to the base rate of pay. As I see it, th goal at AC has to be to make work rule changes as permanent as these things get. Pay and benefits could/will recover somewhat either through profit sharing of pay raises in subsequent contracts, but the goal should be that whatever productivity changes are agreed to, they should be permanent so that AC's employee and asset productivity is comparable to the competition.

Guest chiselcharter

The pay decrease is one thing the rumoured 2 scale paystructure can reduce some individual pilots upwords to 45% plus productivity costs...wanna buy a house?

Glad to see you here today - been waiting for your take on this turn of events. Do you have an opinion yet or are you still working through the details?

Glad to see you here today - been waiting to here your opinion on this turn of events. Do you have one yet or still working through the details?

seeker

Actually, most of you know a lot more than me about the situation. Also, far too many rumors, not enough fact. I want to hear what the final deals are, assuming there are final deals. I don't believe anything can't be changed, even take it or leave it offers, so long as the overall $$$ savings are there.

Archived