Mad Cow/Mad AMEs in Alberta

Guest chiselcharter

Keemosoby, what's that noise on the horizon? I don't know, Tonto, perhaps the natives are restless...

We don't have to 'believe'. Clive would have the world believe he's the champion that will bring Air Canada 'to its knees', and has said so on many occasions.

Fleet size does not equate to influence. Clive has done a great deal to affect how Ottawa thinks, how the flying public thinks. Many have bought into his version of history and the future, despite a liberal mix of fact and fiction.

We must remember that the difference between a happy customer and an unhappy one is the delta between expectation and reality. If a customer buys a ticket YYZ-YVR for $1000, they may enjoy the trip and service, until they read the ad that says they could have done it for $200. Now they feel foolish and angry, despite the fact that the advertised fare would have never been offered on their itinerary by anyone. Guess where the anger goes? Bait and switch. No one is innocent.

Indeed, one of WJ's more recent stories suggesting a run on ZIP B737's by creditors turned out to be almost entirely without fact. But, did it have an affect on consumer confidence and ticket buying? According to a friend of mine who switched choices after reading the article, I would say so.

There is no question in my mind that a central part of the WestJet method has been to pain AC in the worst possible light, to do as much damage to AC market share as they could. Some of the tactics have been illuminated in the way the victor treats history.

To those who have been able to watch part of this from outside the fray, WJ is not lilly white any more than AC is evil.

Just my opinion.

Vs

KP.No, not at all, you're actually one of the saner, more reasonable voices in this sea of iniquity......Comments were directed at the author of your quote, guess I posted at the wrong place:)

Archived