Too much slagging!

B75/76

Following the different threads on this forum is revealing a disturbing theme. Many of the posts sink to a series of slagging matches: ‘He worked for CDN…’, ‘He is a rampie so…’, You senior pilots…’, ‘When Jazz undercuts mainline…’ etc.

It appears that as the pressure is building, tempers fray and the desire to pin the blame increases. I hope for everyone’s sake this is isolated to this forum. If it is the same at the negotiating table I fear you all may be in trouble.

There are many reasons for the current state of affairs and many initiatives will be required to change it. The focus needs to be on the ‘what needs to be done’ not ‘who is at fault’.

Of course, that is easier said than done when the stakes are so high for each individual. With so much to lose, it becomes more difficult to look beyond one’s personal situation to the collective good. I hope you can get it done.

IMHO (B)

Guest M. McRae

Well stated. The slagging is not unexpected as feelings run raw when one feels threatened. However, I would suggest that those who are engaged in this activity, compose their post in their word processor program first, read it, come back and read it again 10 or 15 mins later and then post their reply. Gives an opportunity to cool off and also use their spell check. ;)

You have to admire their tenacity and dedication to the feud though. If I were to put together a battalion of keyboard warriors I would surely want some of these folks in my parachute company. The main difference between normal and airborne troops is not so much training (well, it is partly) but determination, toughness, endurance, and audacity. They are the pit bulls of the infantry. We may yet have need of these qualities.

Archived