I know it's only Rock and Roll...

Guest Starman

Guest Starman

But I like it ;-)

The Rolling Stones have agreed to perform at a free concert in Toronto this summer to help the city recover from the economic impact of SARS. The "free" concert will only cost $11 million to stage, but it will be worth it for the city's economy.

There will be Canadian headliners performing also, so a good time should be guaranteed for all.

It is ironic, though, that the last time the Stones held a free concert in Toronto, it was for the CNIB as part of Keef's community service after getting busted for possession of heroin at the Westin Harbour Castle. Of course, it's also very selfless of him to donate his time this summer, since he is probably one human who could shake off a case of SARS without missing a beat, and have a cigarette to celebrate!

Guest leftbase

Q: Why do they keep Keith Richards in the Stones?

A: To make Mick Jagger appear healthy....

Guest leftbase

Q: Why do the keep Keith Richards in the Stones?

A: To make Mick Jagger appear healthy.

Thank you, thanks very much, I'm here all week....

Robin Williams on Keith Richards...

Keith's the only guy I know who doesn't worry about terrorists attacking with biological weapons. Keith: "Anthrax? [snoooort]... All right!"

After they've dropped the big one, the only thing left will be Keith Richards and five cockroaches. [Keith, to the roach] "You know, I smoked your uncle once."

Guest George

It wasn't exactly Toronto, It was April 22, 1979, Oshawa Ontario, Oshawa Arena. Lined for 2 nights to get those tickets. And it wasn't free.

Lots of fun, especially when you're eight rows back from Mick and Keith.

The New Barbarians played a set of about one hour.

Then out comes Keith and Mick, sit down on a couple of stools and played Prodigal Son, then the rest of the Stones joined them for the remaining hour...

Oh to be young again.

http://members.rogers.com/767-300/ticket_keith.jpg

http://members.rogers.com/767-300/ron_keith.jpg

Guest George

No, Maggie was around in March 1977 when the stones played the El Mocombo tp record a club gig for their upcoming album (Love You Live). Maggie hung around them for a few days, and it was ROn Wood apparently who was seen with Maggie.

Keith was busted a week or so before the El Mocombo gig. He was sentenced to perform the CNIB benefit and played that in April 1979.

If that was the CNIB benefit, then I was there too. (The sister of the guy I was going out with at the time was blind - free tickets, no lineup.)

Maybe we ran into each other. What were you wearing? ;)

Archived