Do you think it's fair?

Guest RKM

Just wondering on peoples opionions about the idea of retired guys with a healty pension from the airlines taking jobs with small charter outfits when the market is so depressed. I understand that everyone has a right to work but wouldn't it make sense to let someone who needs a job to provide for their family have the job first instead of someone who's on a nice pension? Just a thought!

That's a slippery slope my friend - start with a job where do you end up?. Just remember that there's no such thing as a selfless act.

seeker

That's a slippery slope my friend - start with a job and where do you end up? Just remember that there's no such thing as a selfless act.

seeker

Hi RKM!

I think you making a very valid point...

Problem is our "profession" is filled with such examples and no one seems ready to address them. We're all very vocal about it but when it's time to confront these people, we seem to "soften up"...

Guys on wealthy pension flying low paying jobs, pilots buying their jobs, scabs, pilots working on their days off, pilots flying routes and pax from another company whose pilots are fighting for their working conditions, the list is endless. You wouldn't see that happening in France or, most of Europe if not all... only in Canada, yeah!

Archived