We Fly AC and United

Kip Powick

It was in reference to your comment of being aproximately correct.There is no such thing.You are either correct or not! Try telling that to the engineer who is programming the tradjectory of the space shuttle,that his planning is aproximately correct AKA a guesstimate.

Dragon,

if you are a litle miffed at Carty for his ideals you will be just as miffed a an article in the globe in which it was declered that AC BOD has 170 million put aside for them if the company fails, I will try to find it and paste it.

You are talking about absolutes. Circular, square, correct...

The trouble is that the English language is dynamic. The abuse of an absolute has become is almost unique! :o

JW

You are talking about absolutes. Circular, square, correct, pregnant... It is circular or not, correct or not, unique is abused when people mean distinctive.

Language was not intended to define, but to allude and express, relate and convey a point of view. Space, time are absolutes? Not according to Eistein who suggested that point of view is important!

What IS absolute? Politics, religion, morals, law, science, mathmatics, language? Truth, reality, faith? Absolutes are by definition uncorruptable. What in our lives is absolute except possibly for people that are true believers and have faith in the absolute existence of God.

The trouble is that the English language is dynamic. The abuse of an absolute has become is almost unique!

EVERYONE loves the Toronto Maple Leafs!

:)

You are talking about absolutes. Circular, square, correct, pregnant... It is circular or not, correct or not, unique is abused when people mean distinctive.

Language was not intended to define, but to allude and express, relate and convey a point of view. Space, time are absolutes? Not according to Eistein who suggested that point of view is important!

What IS absolute? Politics, religion, morals, law, science, mathmatics, language? Truth, reality, faith? Absolutes are by definition uncorruptable. What in our lives is absolute except possibly for people that are true believers and have faith in the absolute existence of God.

The trouble is that the English language is dynamic. Our understanding of things that were absolute in past history, or our own childhood, no longer are either.

EVERYONE loves the Toronto Maple Leafs! :)

I don't even follow hockey any more. I doubt that the Leafs would be my first choice either : ) . You were ABSOLUTELY correct about that absolute example.

Guest neo

Leafs are what come out in spring, Malcolm. That's April-May in most parts of the country, July in Calgary.

:)

neo

Guest M. McRae

And of course in YYC, as the weather gets warmer.... the Flames flicker and die. (D)

Guest neo

"Spring is sprung, the grass is rizz,

I wonders where the boidies is?

Some say the boid is on the wing,

But that is absoid,

The wing is on the boid."

Archived