Plane crash near YPA(Prince Albert)?

Guest The Gapper

Guest b52er

Excellent response obviously by the flight crew. These apparant young men/women deserve a world of recognition for their apparant life saving skills in what could have had disaterous consequences.

Although it may not be appropriate in this post but here goes anyway........this is EXACTLY why our industry deserves to accept nothing less than what doctors and lawyers receive as compensation for the work they do. Our skills and dedication to safety, the ongoing training that we undergo, as well as the significant cost of becoming a pilot cannot be measured in situations such as what happened here. Well done crew of Transwest Airlines!!

It's a little early to be passing out the congrats don't you think? I'm not familiar with the B-99 however I've gotta wonder about the info provided thus far. The report from the Dr. stated the crew extended flaps at 200 kts. Isn't that a little fast or is the info flawed?

Guest regular joe

I wonder how a Dr. in the back can tell what speed they were at.

I'm not making any judgments of the crew but I do hate it when the media ask people who haven't got a clue and are not qualified to make such comments.

I believe the doctor is himself a pilot and therefore should be 'qualified' to make an educated guess based on his experience. That said, everything is mere speculation until the TSB does their job and that will take time.

Guest regular joe

I doubt the crew appreciates "educated guesses" from passengers.

I just hate how the media will do anything and write anything to sell a story and accuracy is getting less important.

IMO

I agree, the media has a herd mentality to get the best sound bite or quote regardless of fact. However, I was just pointing out that the quoted person may in fact have the qualifications to have a clue about what he was speaking. None the less, even the most qualified persons would still be speculating until all the relevant investigations are completed.

Archived