The sky is falling!

Guest ace1pilot

Guest ace1pilot

Give me a break! With the airline industry in turmoil all you can think of is who will survive. Air Canada is here to stay.... period. There is no National Carrier replacement unless I am mistaken that a 737 can make Frankfurt.

Remember Swissair (Flag carrier) still around.

Air Canada will re-organize, layoff, etc but at the end of the day the flag carrier will remain. The Gov. has no choice, just like the Swiss had no choice.

Buy the house, car and enjoy your family and quit thinking about all this doom and gloom.

Just my opinion

Guest ace1pilot

Swissair does exist but with different owners. The Swiss government solution. Crossair in combination with government loan guarentees and government money.

Swissair in trouble...better yet the industry is in trouble.

That doesn't mean we won't see Swissair go under.

Guest ace1pilot

This scenerio just won't happen. The Canadian government will not allow foreign carriers to pick up the pieces.

Can you actually see Canadian politicians on a trade mission to the far east getting off a foriegn carrier? I don't think so...

Guest ace1pilot

Who are we kidding?
Ok say 10 wide bodies, maybe 15 at the most. You sure will have some replacement airline.

Logistical nightmare.

All I am saying is the Flag carrier is here to stay. I am not blind to the fact that AC will have to re-organize.

Go under....once again not going to happen.

Your reading hasn't gone far beyond a scanning of the headlines if you consider that the fate of Swissair is going to provide anyone with comfort. What happened to Swissair is a perfect example of how vulnerable even the largest of carriers in a country are.

Think about it:

Swissair management ... gone
The shareholder's equity .... gone!
Money owing to the creditors ..... gone!!
A good number of the airplanes ...... gone!!!
An awful lot of Swissair employees ....... gone!!!!
More than a few of those employees pilots ........ gone!!!!!
A good part of the pay packet of those remaining ......... gone!!!!!!
Peace of mind and a sense of security for all concerned .......... GONE!!!!!!!

Guest b52er

If you are with AC ace1pilot....then.....you darn right the sky is falling! You are obvious, once again, if with AC one of their biggest liabilities right now. You thought processes are skewed. "Air Canada is here to stay...period"? And "flag" carrier? What flag carrier. Does the U.S. have a flag carrier? Answer.......NO! Why you ask......because all the carriers are private or public corporations. Same as in Canada. AC is not a flag carrier. It has been given the privalege of using the Maple Leaf from historical times. This is today, that was then.......obviously you are still living then. A word of advise......those who fail to recognize the need for change get eaten by the new dog's in town! Can't wait to taste your hind quarter!!I like it raw!! LOL!! The rest of the AC staffers that recognize the dire straits....I'll bet you also would like a piece of this moron's quarter as well!

Guest b52er

Those "arrogant" words are being mis-interpreted by yourself. They are being directed solely at this one individual. It is quite apparant that most of the AC employed posters on this forum are well aware of the problems at AC and post some form of willingness to help out. Unfortunately, this individual appears to have no interest in helping out because, he feels the Feds will see too it that he continues being employed regardless of the shape AC is in. Who's being arrogant? The rest of the post is a compliment on most posters acknowledgement and willingness to assist AC somehow.

Guest ace1pilot

Wow, I see your not a vegetarian. I am not saying Air Canada doesn't have to change. I am merely stating that it will be around in some form or another.

You obviously need a reality check. There is no replacement around. The government has seen to that.

What public is left with is a Corporation made up of most of the airlines Canada had.ie Canadian(it's mergered group) and AC.

Air Canada is it, deal with it, re-shape it restructure it, do what ever. At the end of the day you will still have it.

It is not being arrogant it is just a fact.

By the way how do you like your steak?

Until the Government buys back Air Canada, we don't have a Flag carrier. It must be state owned and operated to be called a flag carrier.

G3

Guest chiselcharter

The fed's took their stance a few years ago whilst ACPA was threatening a stike. The fed's threatened to include AC in the essential services act, what has changed?

Guest terrier

No, but I could see them getting off an Air Transat, Skyservice, Zoom, HMY long range aircraft. And with the fast reacting management at WestJet I am sure they would be on the scene pretty quickly too. Remember without the fear of AC immdiately undercutting them other airlines would be able to expand. Now, with loads on the low side is a good time to say sayonara to Air Canada. As confidence rises in travel the newly expanded airlines will be there to serve the public.

AC is an albatross hanging around the neck of the industry. Without it we might once again have a viable industry.

PS Swissair did go bankrupt, the Swiss public would not allow any more money to go to it. Sabena too in Belgium.

Guest terrier

What has changed? Well Air Canada and David Collenette have both said there is adequate competition in Canada now. They said it for their own reasons (to counter claims that Air Canada was using a monopoly situation) and I have seen similar sentiments expressed here about there being plenty of choice. Such a statement might come back to haunt them. You can't have it both ways.

Air Canada is no longer essential

Archived