ACPA

DEFCON

I must say I do admire the ACPA’s tenacity in the present circumstances.

Compliments aside and IMHO, the AC pilots have brought the current mess upon themselves. It all began when HH believed that he could backroom a deal with the AC CALPA MEC and get what he wanted. It backfired on him when the MEC outsmarted him, turned the tables and left a bunch of PO’d executives holding the bag. In any event the Picher failure followed and the ACPA with its “we can do everything ourselves” approach emerged.

Today the Company is in CCAA and 40000+ employees futures are in jeopardy. Now, as much as ACPA wants what it believes to be its fair share, people other than its own managers are in charge. The external forces will now almost certainly find it necessary to dismantle the ACPA “Tower of Babble” if there’s to be any hope of establishing an operation that’s not controlled by labour. I believe it’s well recognized that any deal proposed by ACPA having the sole purpose of maintaining the status quo will only bring the corporation back to its present reality. (ala the HH / AC CALPA deal)

For the above reason I believe it would be in the best interest of all AC mainline people to do what they can to encourage the ACPA to get on with the program rather than bring the company to collapse.

On the other hand and for those with the faith, perhaps the ACPA will prevail and teach all interested parties another lesson in their reality.

Guest western

If I were an ACPA member I'd be very proud of the job the negotiators have done thus far.However one might ask if the Bovine Scatologists luck has run out? Don't feel bad though you would be in good company,Rome,big tobbaco,Jim & Tammy Faye Baker.....

You guys have hit the bricks, what, 4 times? Five? Who's controlled by labour? And, what program should ACPA get with, yours?

Archived