Now that is Funny !!!!!

Guest V1V2Vgo

Guest V1V2Vgo

Hey KM,

Your reasoning is as flawed as your SPELLING. My young daughter wishes to advise that: Irrelevant

eliminate

laid

- are correct in the English language.

Guest Kilo Mike

That's what I get for posting when ticked off I guess... Hope your spawn is happy with the amended copy and it meets with her approval.. ;)

I have to ask yah something. Besides being illegal under Canadian labour law, you are proposing that it's ok to poach work from each other.
(insert sarcastic voice here)
I'm guessing you wouldn't mind then if ACPA bid all flying down to the dash 8 rendering Jazz irrelevant. Just think of the savings that could be had being able to eliminate a whole part of the AC family structure. The growth that would be happening at AC could be filled by the newly laid off Jazz pilots at the bottom of the list..... Wow... I like how Jazz pilots think.

Back to lurking
KM

Are you suggesting that the work the AC pilots "poached" from the regionals in 89 and 93 and 2000 was illegal? That's interesting

Guest Kilo Mike

Come on Kal...you're talking the flying done on the AC code right? Sheesh man. That horse is long dead.. Quit beating the poor thing.

Did you miss the "sarcastic" tone this time? ;)

KM

Guest SLEUTH

Wasn't that work originally DC9 flying that the regionals originally poached from AC. I don't know how I get sucked into this diatribe??? It's wingnuts like you that keep the redirect and hard feelings alive.

KM,

Am I correct in assuming that the following statement you made:

"Guess the board is starting to feel some pressure. GOOD!!! Just so the folks understand. The ACPA MEC is getting HUGE support from the pilot group and quite frankly is going to do what's best for the pilot group. Opportunistic poaching by Jazz and the completely imbalanced request for cuts will not fly one bit with the pilot group. We have the intel..and we have the numbers..... bottom line is BS doesn't fly."

would be tantamount to a collective willingness to shut this airline down???

Make not mistake, AC benefits from getting labour negots squared off prior to going to creditors for concessions. No creditors would take any company seriously without having guarantees on the most costly component of the cost pile. At $5M/day lost, should ACPA stands firm, AC will have to close up shop and start from scratch. Do you guys realize that you will have to look for a job as a pilot and that you will not have the upperhand in negotiating your work conditions under the new "AC" - what do your numbers say on this fact??? Just curious!!

Guest Nova Zemlya

I guess the days when the only way you could keep AC Pilots flying by cannibalizing jobs off the regional are finally over. The only way Zip got off the ground is off regional flying, but that did not work apparently, just like all the other cannibalized flying.

By the way, the flying the F-28's were doing have absolutely nothing to do with what you ab-orignals were doing in '88.

The reionals didn't poach a thing. Deregulation entered the aviation world and AC bought up the regionals to protect their a$$. The AC pilots reached an agreement with their management re the regionals and the whipsaw began. All of the above was without any input from the regionals.

Guest SLEUTH

Ya and if the Green swamp airways skippers flyin a DH-8 hadn't shot for the moon (read DOH) we'd all be one happy family wouldn't we? Who's to blame you ask? We all have opinions, I just can't believe the gloating over something that is yet to happen. Keep wishing for the best (JAZZ)and the worst (ACPA).

For the record I had nothing to do with any of this B.S. from the 80s and early 90's yet you continue to hold me responsible. We're all mpretty suave behind the mask of anonymity.

Guest CJRT

KM,
Unless I'm mistaken(which is quite possible, just ask my wife), you were once a regional pilot based in YHZ. I think of all people, you should have a better understanding of both sides of the fence. I agree with you on one thing though. Jazz gloaters (real word??) should save their victory dance for the entertainment of family members. It's not warranted here or anywhere else. I think you have to agree though, that if you can call ALPA's plan "opportunistic", you also have to say that ALPA is working in the best interest of its members....something ACPA is so found of saying.

Cheers and best wishes to all pilots. ALPA or ACPA !!

"For the record I had nothing to do with any of this B.S. from the 80s and early 90's yet you continue to hold me responsible. We're all mpretty suave behind the mask of anonymity."

I don't believe I said that you were personally responsible for anything. You made a speculative? comment and I responded.

What's your name SLEUTH?? Do you actually speak this kind of B.S. in real life, without the comfortable mask of anonyimity? You embody everything that is wrong with ACPA.

It comes across as if you blame the regional pilots for the tramsfer of flying from 'mainline' to 'regional'.

The regional carrier, as we know it today, evolved from the desire by 'mainline' management to provide frequency to outlying communities. To facilitate this, airlines utilizing turbo-props were contracted, bought or formed by AC and CDN. The schedule was then built with multiple flights per day as opposed to once with a DC9 or 737.

The airline managers transfered the flying. Regional pilots are not responsible for the evolution of the industry.

Archived