ACPA and Winkler

Will ACPA put 40,000 + on UI?

Looks like they don't want to play and are taking their ball and going home.

ACPA version of the issue:

The union said the appointment, by Mr. Justice James Farley of the Ontario Superior Court, put the court in an "adversarial and interventionalist" relationship with Air Canada and its unions.

The motion says the order is unlawful and violates the "the principles of due process" and the rights of Air Canada pilots.

It also contends that instead of facilitating labour talks, Judge Winkler's appointment has slowed things down.

Meanwhile:

Air Canada and some of the other unions have praised Judge Winkler for his efforts in helping the parties reach agreements.

I understand that ACPA must look after the best interests of it's members, but judging by all the past history of it's dealings with others, I am beginning to think they are not getting it at all. Something tells me that if we go under, there won't be enough flying job's for all those ACPA members.

IMO

If we go under, it won't be ACPAs fault. If we go under it is because the management of this airline wanted to go under. They are demanding huge concessions in every area of ACPA's contract. Our contract is extreemly complex and has 60 years of history in it.

ACPA has proposed alternative suggestions to come up with the required amount from our group, however, the company continues to go for it all. We will give our part, but we will not give more and we will not allow or contract to be gutted in the process.

ACPA has been the only group to have given anything in the past year of difficulties. We have given LOUs in work sharing, flex hours, and many more helfful items. Now the company want us to take the lion's share of the cuts. Again I say we will do our part, but don't expect us to make up for every other group that didn't give enough.

RJP

Just to clarify:

They are demanding huge concessions in every area of ACPA's contract

The AC agenda for the IAM was a nightmare as well. What we settled on was very differant. From what I have seen of the CAW agreement it was the same there.

ACPA has been the only group to have given anything in the past year of difficulties.

To put it bluntly, BULLSH!T.

Many IAM members have been laid off in the past year. IAM has agreed to the temp closing of Heavy Maintenance in YYC,YVR,YUL. Get off your high horse, your not the only group making concessions here. There is more to AC than what you can see from the cockpit.

Again I say we will do our part, but don't expect us to make up for every other group that didn't give enough

It seemed to be enough for both Winkler and AC. Thank God the pilot attitudes here don't reflect the majority of pilot's.

Further to the issue from the latest new release:

The pilots' union is presently considering the company's last proposal which
is consistent with the cost savings target set by the company and follows the
approach taken with other labour groups.

Guest Max Continuous

The highlights of company's proposal was sent out to the ACPA membership email, from the MEC last night, via bulk email. It ain't pretty, but we all expected that.

I wouldn't be speculating on the worst case senario or for the pilot's to sink the ship. It's ACPA's turn to sit in the barber's chair and their just discussing the style of the brushcut.

Guest 100 Above

Cargo Agent,

Are you on drugs or something. Your agreement is in nowhere near ther same as our demand list.

Maybe some of the areas are similar, but you get to keep your entire, I say entire pension bonehead, instead of taking a 40 % bath, and to top it off, you lose a bit of pay, we will lose 15 %, then our pay will then be calculated for the lowest size aircraft. I.E. A B747 Capt will get 15 % less than a 767 Captain. That my friend is not 15%, that is more like 35 %.

So bite me if you think it is the same. Give your head a shake idiot !!

100 Above

So bite me if you think it is the same. Give your head a shake idiot !!

Very eloquent words from a so-called professional pilot.

The initial AC agenda given to the IAM was pretty gruesome, just as the INITIAL agenda to ACPA was. We agreed to something else, as I hope ACPA will. Don Hudson's recent post once again explains things much more clearly. Too bad you couldn't follow suit.

Archived