What Goes Around (really!!) Comes Around

Guest erialx

Guest erialx

It really is heart warming to see ACPA in this struggle to keep it's 'share' of the flying. This is just the type of situation that promted those in power to propose a merger. Remember this organization (ACPA) was created to get the AC pilots out from under a merger of all Pilots ultimatley employed by the Air Canada. What arbitrated did the AC pilots walk away from (?) - a 'dovetail' date of hire merger with the bottom 243 AC pilots.

Then there is still a matter of a class action lawsuit slowly (but surely) snakeing it's way through the justice system.

Guest Max Continuous

... and of course ALPA would have been so much more instrumental in leading us ALL to the promised land?

Guest chiselcharter

Last month ALPA; sob's of whoa is me, this month all out gloating. What's the rule 'Don't burn bridges'... remember this is aviation

I can assure you that most of the Jazz pilots are not gloating, we all have many friends at the mainline and do not want to see any on the street. Like all company's we have a few individauls who are classless people, please don't think we at Jazz are all like this.

Guest erialx

This is more a case of we told you so rather than gloating. I don't feel thats classless. Classless is walking (no running) away from binding arbitration. I'm merely pointing out the consequences of historical actions. If fact junior AC pilots may suffer the consequences of the dubious architects of ACPA and that's the unfortunate part of all this.

If we could turn back time there might be cause to bring up the past......why not concentrate on the fact the company wants us to have a bidding war for aircraft and what are we going to do about it to preserve lifestyle (AC and Jazz) and ultimately the corporation.

Guest Eventer

Perhaps if some of ACPA's members admitted that they played a substantial part in the creation of this nasty pilot dichotomy, the healing could begin. I have read a lot of stuff here, but never have I read anything remotely resembling such an admission.

Guest wetcoaster

Interestingly it would not have been about ALPA, it would have been CALPA, still with a majority of present day ACPA in control and no whipsaw.

Guest RACP.

It wasn't really binding was it. ACPA was created to look after the best interest of Air Canada pilots - not yours.

Guest erialx

It was binding in CALPA. A ton of money was spent on lawyers. ACPA was created to get out from under the mutually agreed to process. Now we are suffering the whipsawing consequences as well there are potential legal liabilities in the ongoing class action lawsuit vs. the involved AC pilots.

Guest Skirt

What about the fact that when the AC pilots were in CALPA, they didn't have enough of a voice? I.E. The weight of their reps was not representative of how many AC mainline pilots actually made up CALPA. The inverse could be said for other, smaller pilot groups in CALPA. (to much weight).

" The weight of their reps was not representative of how many AC mainline pilots actually made up CALPA."

That is simply not true. The highest level of governance of CALPA was the convention delegates. They voted their membership.

Skirt

You're quite wrong on that point. The AC MEC had a vote that was fully representative of each and every one of its membership. In reality, it wanted full control regardless!

Archived