War Criticism Misguided. <i>-Cheney</i>

Guest ex-SkyGeek

Guest ex-SkyGeek

Reuters Photo

Cheney Says War Criticism Is Misguided

(AP) - The advance of U.S. troops into Baghdad is proof that early criticism of the war's plans was misguided, Vice President Dick Cheney said Wednesday. The war is "one of the most extraordinary military campaigns ever conducted," Cheney said, speaking to the annual convention of the American Society of Newspaper Editors. "With every day, with every advance of our coalition forces, the wisdom of that plan becomes more apparent," Cheney said.

More: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=544&e=6&u=/ap/20030409/ap_on_go_pr_wh/war_cheney_12

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rollingrock

have to agree with Cheney and admit it will be a success and provide a better future for all iraqis. seeing them on t.v changed my view and must admit i was wrong. i also think canada looks bad for not helping.

cheers

Guest WA777

It wasn't so much that Canada disagreed with the US that bothers me....it was the fact that JC Bufoon and friends turned around and spit in their faces...

Guest ulamo

Do you think that Bush will now go and liberate the Chinese? The Iranians? How about the Saudi's?

This is a war of naked imperialism and nothing else. George W has a lot of blood on his hands.

Chretien showed a lot class and principle, unlike that jack-ass Stephen Harper.

Guest ex-SkyGeek

Well you have to admit it is nice to see the Iraqi people celebrate in the streets.

"Cheering Iraqis, some waving the national flag, scaled the statue and danced upon the downed icon, now lying face down. As it fell, some threw shoes and slippers at the statue — a gross insult in the Arab world."

More: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030409/ap_on_re_mi_ea/war_rdp_1027

Guest ulamo

Were those same Iraqis cheering when Rumsfeld and Bush Sr. were supporting Saddam in the 1980's? 1 million people were killed in the Iran/Iraq war, I doubt there was much cheering then.

How about when Cheney was selling millions of dollars of oil equipment to Saddam in 1999, while the American led embargo was starving millions of Iraqis.I bet they got a big laugh out of that.

What is truly sad about all of this is the number of people buying into this bullsh*t propoganda comming from the White House.

Guest ex-SkyGeek

You may have noticed from the first article that Cheney was quoted as saying, "Our record may not be perfect," but the U.S. government has often acted to protect Muslims, not attack them, he said. He cited the 1991 Gulf war, the liberation of Kuwait, and U.S. intervention in the former Yugoslavia.

Again, I present you with the question: Is it not nice to see Iraqi people celebrate the beginning of freedom?

Guest ex-SkyGeek

You may have noticed from the first article that Cheney was quoted as saying, "Our record may not be perfect," but the U.S. government has often acted to protect Muslims, not attack them, he said. He cited the 1991 Gulf war, the liberation of Kuwait, and U.S. intervention in the former Yugoslavia.

Again, I present you with the question: Is it not nice to see Iraqi people celebrate the beginning of their freedom?

Don't worry too much. We have you to tell us the truth and keep reminding us of the Only True Evil Regime to the south of us.

It's only a matter of time before you see tanks in downtown Shawinigan toppling the statue of our greatest PM.

Thanks for the warnings and please keep us informed.

Guest ex-SkyGeek

ulamo,

Again, I present you with the question: Is it not nice to see Iraqi people celebrate the beginning of their freedom?

Guest regional for life

''Were those same Iraqis cheering when Rumsfeld and Bush Sr. were supporting Saddam in the 1980's? 1 million people were killed in the Iran/Iraq war, I doubt there was much cheering then.''

Last time I checked it's 2003, dredging up past performance is not necessarily indicative of present policy. That's the past, GET OVER IT.

Guest terrier

As a European I know many people who lived under Nazi occupation. They pretended to be delighted when the Nazi's entered their countries. Unfortunately survival dictates you appear to support whoever has the upper hand. I am sure the Iraquis are pragmatists. If the US is there it would be suicide not to seem to love them.

Guest terrier

How long they celebrate will depend on who the US appoint to govern them going forward. The Chileans got Pinochet when the US overthrew Allende and suffered greatly. A lot remains to be seen.
Personally I find it hard to forget the support the US gave Iraq even when they were using chemical warfare against the Iranians. It may be the past but it is indicative of the way the US always have a hidden agenda.

Guest ex-SkyGeek

"I'm 49, but I never lived a single day," said Yusuf Abed Kazim, a Baghdad imam who pounded the statue's pedestal with a sledgehammer. "Only now will I start living. That Saddam Hussein is a murderer and a criminal."

Pretty convincing statement for someone who is pretending to be delighted with US and British forces overruling Saddam and giving them a chance at freedom.

Guest ex-SkyGeek

You are right. A lot does remain to be seen. I am hopeful that the UK can convince the Bush to let the UN participate in making some of the important decisions.

In any event, it is hard to argue that the people of Iraq now have a good chance at a better life.

The threat of terrorism, one of the primary reasons Bush gave for this war, has presumably now been reduced. Now lets hope they find some of those chemical weapons of mass destruction that they've been promising Saddam had, and that they have indeed squashed an important link to the al-Qaida terror network.

In God and Bush we (must) trust. What choice do we have?

Guest ex-SkyGeek

terrier,

You are right. A lot does remain to be seen. I am hopeful that the UK can convince the Bush to let the UN participate in making some of the important decisions.

In any event, it is hard to argue that the people of Iraq now have a good chance at a better life.

The threat of terrorism, one of the primary reasons Bush gave for this war, has presumably now been reduced. Now lets hope they find some of those chemical weapons of mass destruction that they've been promising Saddam had, and that they have indeed squashed an important link to the al-Qaida terror network.

Guest ex-SkyGeek

I've said it before: In God and Bush we (must) trust. What choice do we have?

Guest ex-SkyGeek

terrier,

You are right. A lot does remain to be seen. I am hopeful that the UK can convince the Bush administration to let the UN participate in making some of the important decisions.

The threat of terrorism, one of the primary reasons Bush gave for this war, is presumably now reduced. Lets hope they find some of those chemical weapons of mass destruction that they've been promising Saddam had, and that they have indeed squashed an important link to the al-Qaida terror network.

You are a European but choose to live in Canada because?..... You seem to hate it here... Your job, Your fellow employees and people who work in our industry. Please Terrier... show some respect.

If it is "naked imperialism" then what soil in what foreign country has the USA ever seized now or in the past? None that I am aware of except just enough to bury their brave soldiers.
Do you work for the CBC?

Guest ex-SkyGeek

I don't mean to drag you into anything you don't want to be a part of, so, it goes without saying that if you would rather remain quiet about the issue you just won't respond.

Having said that, I've noticed you haven't participated in any discussions about the Iraqi war. It only just occurred to me 'I don't think Dagger has said anything about the war'.

Have you any insightful (financial or otherwise) opinions to offer regarding this war? Or, do you have any personal feelings/opinions about the war?

Curious,

Jason

Guest ex-SkyGeek

I don't mean to drag you into anything you don't want to be a part of, so, it goes without saying that if you would rather remain quiet about the issue you just won't respond.

Having said that, I've noticed you haven't participated in any discussions about the Iraqi war.

Have you any insightful (financial or otherwise) opinions to offer regarding this war? Or, do you have any personal feelings/opinions about the war?

Curious,

Jason

Archived