Question for WJ pilots

Guest Skirt

Guest Skirt

Just a few question for some WJ drivers. 1.) Will you guys ever form/join a union? Why or why not? How many hours/days do you work/month and what are the salaries? Just a few questions I can't seem to find concrete answers for. Also is there any preasure put on you by management folks to sacrafice your life for the operation.... Thanks

Guest sanders

Starting pay is 40000/yr. Does not include benefits etc. Your workload depends on the a/c. Not sure about the 200, but the 700 is around 14 days per month.
Management is not a bully and you can work as hard or as little as you like!
Hope this helps. PS - Pay is for 80 hours regardless of block (anything over 80 is bonus!)

Guest Skirt

Thanks Sanders.

I'm with AC (for the time being) and have a few people asking about WJ. I have no clue. This will help some. Not needed by me unless they open a base a few thousand KM east and up the pay some. ;) How's the 700 flying wise? You guys going to be asking for any pay increases soon? You deserve it!

Guest Radcap

Skirt, Are we going to ask for a pay raise soon? Why?? I think you are at the right company.

Good Luck,

Radcap

Guest Skirt

Radcap,

Dude, I just think you guys are underpaid for your experience/responsibility levels. Since you are based on a SW model, you should be getting paid what you are worth. WJ will still be profitable, as is SW whose pilots are some of the best paid 37 drivers out there. I don't think you should get 200K or anything silly like that. even 10-15% raise would bring you closer to where you should be. We pilots have to stop underselling ourselves. Don't worry there are plenty of people who will do it for us! (6)

p.s. Can we trade you an RM for a CB + 2 draft picks. :)

Guest Radcap

Skirt, The starting salary at any company is far from the top. I believe you should educate yourself before making comments about what I or anybody else makes. I am quite happy with my salary and if you think all pilots at SouthWest make $200,000.00 you might be a little optomistic.

Cheers

Radcap

In an effort to stir the pot, Skirt posted:

(SNIP)...you should be getting paid what you are worth...(SNIP)

COMMENT

Skirt: don't bring that up that old canard on a public forum like this; that chestnut works both ways, you know.

Was it Dr Phil who opined: "You don't get what you're worth; you get what you bargain for.."

(Dr Phil? Well, I can't help it if I'm retired and he happens to come on every day at sixteen hundred hours and I happen to be in front of the TV and I sit a little longer after Oprah has finished bringing me up to date on some of the more pressing problems of the world and it's not like I'm wasting my time or anything seeing as it's too early to get the Goldwing out and the 5th wheel is still parked in the garage behind two feet of snow ....................Ah, what was the question?) (;>0)

Guest Skirt

Geez, sorry everyone. I guess one can't post anything on here and not get chewed out. I'll stop the posts. I think it would more pleasant if I could find an Israeli / Palestinian forum to chat on. It certainly would be less hostile.

Devolution - transference (as of rights, powers, property, or responsibility) to another

Guest bigbigbus

most WJ pilots don't talk about the wage because it is only part of the whole package...F/O wage -20%spp is less than UI and when upgraded to Capt it is not that big a jump when you do the 20% and tax, Alta is catching up with the rest country or should I say the country is catching up with Alta.Days of work vary per month, there is always those who are willing to work on days off for the good of the company, everyone talks of OT as a given,then quotes it in there year end T4.
All the best to you in Canada WJ & AC it's
was nice while it lasted

Guest bigbigbus

it is, you live in YYC with new cat( I guess new 8 months ago),can't remeber the name. If so how are things going

Archived