Lay Offs Started

Guest The Clumsy Lover

Numbers for Air Canada Technical Services. Heavy Mtce 650 (YUL 350, YVR 215, YYC 110), Engine Shop (YUL 125), Line Mtce System 265, Purchasing 80, Aircraft Services 110 ( I think this is Ramp services), Component Mtce 60 ( this is believed to be two shops in YVR)
Note nobody from YWG! These were the numbers before they filed for CCAA protection.

A Lead Cargo Agent is a union position. I think I understand what is going on here. For quite a while we have been told that the management wanted the Lead's to actually do more, "to Lead". This was to free up management "to Manage". We recently (last friday) had a management shake-up, lot's of movement but I believe only 4 leaving, all voluntary. Managers were put into area's that leads were overseeing.(A Lead was assigned to the customer counter, now there is a manager there as well,) It didn't make sense then, now it does. Lead's gone, managers staying.

And before any of you slam me for blaming management for all the mess, we all are to blame. I just see my little corner of the world, and from here my managers are just jerking us around. I will do everything in my power to help get us on our feet again. I don't think my bosses are as committed.

Just wondering why the big surprise?

It's been common practice to send a lot of the heavy mtc oversea's for a long time now.

Didn't the 47's just come back from DUB?

We are all going to see some pretty heavy numbers in the weeks to come.

Archived