Not so nice PR (AC)

Kip Powick

Easy way to remedy this...comp her and her parents an AC vacations trip to a destination of their choice and assign a concierge to them at each point. Wonder if anyone who can authorize will pick up the ball.... dry.gif

Sad story for sure.

In my over 30 years i have carried many people to their seats,probably hundreds and i can only remember one that complained.,and it was a man.

It was always my pleasure to assist the dis advantage,and i'd rather help them for they were always grateful for my help.

A good gesture in this instance by Air Canada would be in line.

Don't think that will happen tho,but we shall see if its the same ol same ol.

Guest rattler

For those interested in the whole story:

CTA Investigation of the complaint

CONCLUSION

Based on the above findings, the Agency notes that the incomplete information exchanged at the time of booking resulted in many of the unfortunate problems experienced by the Thibodeaus.

The Agency concludes that the seating provided by Air Canada, once it was determined that the preassigned seating was not appropriate, did not constitute an obstacle to Ms. Thibodeau's mobility.

The Agency concludes, however, that the delay in the delivery of Ms. Thibodeau's wheelchair at the Victoria airport constituted an undue obstacle to her mobility.

Although there was an undue obstacle to Ms. Thibodeau's mobility, the Agency has determined that this incident occurred during the transitional period when Air Canada was in the process of integrating its services and personnel with those of the former Canadian Airlines International Ltd. The Agency has also determined that Air Canada has procedures and training in place which should prevent the recurrence of similar incidents. As a result, the Agency will not require any corrective measures of Air Canada. Notwithstanding, the Agency reminds Air Canada of the serious consequences this type of lapse in service creates for persons with disabilities.

"Air Canada argued that it now has procedures and training in place that should prevent the recurrence of similar incidents. The airline also noted that the incident occurred in 2000, when it was merging with Canadian Airlines."

What a pathetic statement !

Give me a break AC admit you Fked it up . Hey we all do.

Its not sad you messed up its worse that you have not tried to fix it and simply put up a lame excuse.

Its this crap that makes you second best in customer service.

SB

"Air Canada argued that it now has procedures and training in place that should prevent the recurrence of similar incidents. The airline also noted that the incident occurred in 2000, when it was merging with Canadian Airlines."

What a pathetic statement !

Give me a break AC admit you Fked it up . Hey we all do.

Its not sad you messed up its worse that you have not tried to fix it and simply put up a lame excuse.

Its this crap that makes you second best in customer service.

SB

And the agency quite readily accepted that things have been made right. While the airline clearly screwed up on this four year old case, it doesn't justify your rather pathetic, holier than thou comment.

Guest rattler

You can expect to see a number of these decisions. Seems that the CTA was waiting to clear their backlog until AC came out of CCAA. A complete list can be found at:

CTA Decisions

If you read them, you will see that they are based on he said / she said and in most cases the CTA will take the passengers word over that of the Airline Staff. Sort of guilty until you prove you are innocent.

All carriers are having problems with handling of Passengers with Disabilities. The CTA site has a search function "Rulings - Search" and all you have to do is select "Accessible Transportation" and plug in the name of an Air Carrier.

SB

Did you actually read the report?????

I agree that the customer service was lacking, but if the pnr had the medical record stating the parents would handle everything (remember, some people don't like being assisted at every turn) how is it reasonable for AC to know these people really needed help??

In addition, the Fitness for Air Travel - Medical Information Form (hereinafter the Medical Form), which was completed by Ms. Thibodeau's physician, indicates that she would be accompanied by her parents who would fully attend to all of her needs for all flights (assisting her in boarding and deplaning, taking care of her personal needs while on board the aircraft, including meals, visiting the washrooms, administering medications, etc.), and that she required oxygen occasionally. The PNR and the Medical Form do not identify Ms. Thibodeau's need for special transfer equipment or her stature

Secondly did you happen to notice the connection times??? one would think that a foundation who's specialty is booking flights for disabled persons would be smarter than that.

As I read it, the only time AC really dropped the ball, was after the trip was over, and her wheelchair never showed in YYJ, which is, in my mind, NOT acceptable.

It is sad but is AC soley responsible for ruining this girls trip, asthe news paper article indicates?? NO

more thoughts from the peanut gallery

Archived